IGNORED

Need 1050 Rom Burning

spookt

Hi Folks

Would anyone (in UK or Europe preferably to keep postage down) be able to burn the 1050 Rev L ROM to a 2732 EPROM for me? I have a dead 1050 with a bad ROM and my programmer won't write 2732s because it's limited to 18VPP. I guess if anyone had a spare mask ROM to sell that would be as good and I could just change the jumpers.

Happy to send a couple of 2732s your way and cover reasonable costs :)

Thanks

Ive been upgrading many of my 1050's so I'd be happy to mail a spare original mask ROM from Canada.

Or you could upgrade it to a US Doubler. Just a replacement 2732 eprom (requiring jumper changes) and 1 additional 6810 SRAM. I still have some of these assembled kits available:

3 hours ago, spookt said:

Hi Folks

Would anyone (in UK or Europe preferably to keep postage down) be able to burn the 1050 Rev L ROM to a 2732 EPROM for me? I have a dead 1050 with a bad ROM and my programmer won't write 2732s because it's limited to 18VPP. I guess if anyone had a spare mask ROM to sell that would be as good and I could just change the jumpers.

Happy to send a couple of 2732s your way and cover reasonable costs :)

Thanks

Thought I'd let you know that, according to the datasheet, the Fairchild NMC27C32BQ only requires +12.5 to +13V for programming. They are also discontinued but still available on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5PCS-NMC27C32BQ200-DIP-24-32-768-Bit-4096-x-8-EPROM-/392316643082

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BillC said:
23 minutes ago, xrbrevin said:

ROM burnt in readiness for dispatch:

IMG_2274.jpg

Even if he decides to do the USD mod, its handy to keep a stock ROM

Thanks again for this. One of the reasons I love this forum!

36 minutes ago, BillC said:

Thought I'd let you know that, according to the datasheet, the Fairchild NMC27C32BQ only requires +12.5 to +13V for programming. They are also discontinued but still available on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5PCS-NMC27C32BQ200-DIP-24-32-768-Bit-4096-x-8-EPROM-/392316643082

That’s very helpful. I had wondered if there was an alternative that I’d be able to burn with my programmer. 

In case anyone is thinking of buying I have the new version of the Minipro (the TL866II+) and the VPP is limited to 18V. I didn’t know that when I bought it ? There’s a fair bit of moaning around various forums about that design choice!

Edited by spookt

7 hours ago, blacka013 said:

do you have any of the unpopulated boards left?

All currently remaining (~10) are assembled. However, if you have the parts, I just checked - a minimum order of 3 directly from OSH park is $10.65 USD. Free shipping to UK: 21 days. :) Links to the design files are in the previously linked thread.

16 hours ago, spookt said:

In case anyone is thinking of buying I have the new version of the Minipro (the TL866II+) and the VPP is limited to 18V. I didn’t know that when I bought it ? There’s a fair bit of moaning around various forums about that design choice!

Most of that groaning is because people don’t know or realize that there are EEPROM versions of nearly every vintage chip design that can be dropped in place of the original PROM and EPROM chips, and when there aren’t, you can probably breadboard up an adapter to use a new chip anyway. 

• Like 1