IGNORED

New Injection mold Atari 2600/7800 cases...

Sikor

• 7 months later...

So full sized 7800 boards don't fit correctly without modification it seems? Looks like they overlap the post holes on both sides at the top from the second last photo with the 7800 pcb in it, correct? Shame you stuck with the peg design and didn't go with the traditional method. Hope they work out well for you and you are able to find a market for them.

5 hours ago, Shawn said:

So full sized 7800 boards don't fit correctly without modification it seems?

That's right - that's why there will still be some kind of support under the PC edge (it's ok when the case is closed, but it needs to be improved).

5 hours ago, Shawn said:

Looks like they overlap the post holes on both sides at the top from the second last photo with the 7800 pcb in it, correct?

No, it's the fault of the photo, I put something under the PCB for the photo to show how the board fits. That's why there will be corrections for the 7800 pcb.

5 hours ago, Shawn said:

Shame you stuck with the peg design and didn't go with the traditional method.

There go single pre-production pieces by Albert from atariage and Gavin from VCC. After testing I'm happy, I'll see what the testers tell me.

Basically, the design of the pins that open the dust cover will also be reinforced (I won't check this at my place because I don't have such a console). As for the lock I have no comments, because it holds perfectly - as for the market, it will come out with time.

OK, that's great that you can still modify the mold. When you said it was from the injection mold I incorrectly assumed it was a final design you had to stick with. Many times when the mold is routed, that is what you are stuck with (aside from very minor but expensive adjustments). Best of luck with it. If you get Albert on board you will do well, I'm pretty sure he's doing his own thing though as everyone else's attempts at a 7800 shell have not hit the mark from what I know of from speaking to him personally. I don't know who Gavin is or what VCC is but if they sell a lot of new games and want your shells that is awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

What will be the price for a batch of 100 (inkl. shipping to Germany)?

I'm not count it yet - inflation in Poland is big and I payed more for injection form for it.

30 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Are different colors possible?

First batch will be RAL7035 (as Atari 8-bit shells) and standard Black. I think - later will be translucent black smoked (not ABS available now). Later - who's know?

When I got it - I count options and let know on my webpage.

Ok, I got it:

SAM_3370.thumb.JPG.4a7422e350b21429d9d06aea70ea1b5e.JPGSAM_3371.thumb.JPG.409829cec8bf45ddeaff748862ff4752.JPGSAM_3372.thumb.JPG.00aca6ae111d3716b52b95c863f0bdc6.JPGSAM_3373.thumb.JPG.fa8d633562537ac4415d268eb23d6eed.JPGSAM_3374.thumb.JPG.6e74e6d62b9a0885d85bd81ae48ac4b4.JPGSAM_3375.thumb.JPG.79aa0e4546d904ef77407aaaf3aeff13.JPG

On last photo is comparition with Encore carts.

Ok, price will be about:

1-10 pcs: 6,25 EUR /US $6,70 /pcs

11-50 pcs: 4,50 EUR /US $4,80 /pcs

over 50 pcs:  3,75 EUR /US $4,00 /pcs

Plus sending cost of course.

Because now it is totally new product in my offert: up to 31.10.2021 (Polish time zone) price is 3 EUR / US $3,20 plus shipping cost /pcs (regardless of quantity)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Sikor,
A bit off-topic but...
The other day I got a little Antsy and decided to re-purpose a cracked Atari 2600 cartridge.

I decided to turn it into a dust-cap for the cartridge slot.

- I cut down the length of the cartridge, just above the damage. The remaining length was still long enough to provide finger pulls...when fully seated.

- I had to cut out all plastic supports, on the interior, to allow the cartridge to seat completely into the slot.

- Then I stuck-on a glossy label.

Who knows...there might be some interest in this kind of thing. It would certainly be easy for you to make.

For what it's worth.

All the best,
Stephen

Dust Cover 1.jpg

Dust Cover 2.jpg

Dust Cover 3.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 year later...