IGNORED

New power adapter

batari

1 hour ago, eightbit said:

There must be connectors out there somewhere. It looks like some type of JST 2-pin connector type. Just a matter of finding out which one ;)

I looked at every single currently-produced connector from JST and not one of them will work, unfortunately.

• Sad 1

Any power option to keep a 7800 running well and safe is cool. Absolutely.

I recently purchased the new modern power supply for the 7800 designed by Best Electronics.

It seems to work excellent and cost less than $30 shipped. (if I remember correctly)

Is that thought to be expensive? Is the Best supply recommended by other 7800 users?

It seems like the solution is out there already? I have nothing against options and I like the idea of adapters.

Just wondering...

6 hours ago, batari said:

This adapter does several things.

1. 12v is more common than 9v and most likely there is no need to buy a new adapter.

2. It eliminates guesswork and possible damage from wrong polarity: You don't need to worry about output polarity or even if the adapter outputs AC, as long as it outputs 1A or more in current.

3. It produces clean, regulated 9v output even from pure AC, and even with no load (other adapters produce 14-15v unloaded, and under load, maybe not even 9v, and the voltage may fluctuate significantly.)

4. It should protect from some voltage spikes entering the 7800.

Thanks for the explanation...and again I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything, I was sincerely curious, as I know I have 1 power supply that I'll need to replace.