IGNORED

Atari Lynx Dev Wiki

Igor

Hi All! I've had many of you reach out to me about updating the Atari Gamer website with various developer/programming resources and I've simply not had the time to keep up. So after some discussion with a number of people I've decided to move all dev resources out of Atari Gamer and into a new community-driven wiki called...Atari Lynx Dev ?

The plan going forward is to have Atari Gamer focus on news and articles and some basic Lynx related information resources. The Atari Lynx Dev wiki will focus purely on development side of things. So I'd like to invite you all to help make this into the main resource for Lynx coding.

We have a great deal of information that is currently spread out across various websites, what I've done so far was create sections to document as much as I had already documented on Atari Gamer, but I need you to help fill in the blanks. I'd like to get some leads to take ownership of various sections of the wiki and others of course to contribute content like tutorials, tips and tricks, bits of code, etc.

I've outlined steps on how to contribute, at the moment it requires account registration and to have you set up as an editor, but that might change in the future and be more open as we get going.

Let's document our combined knowledge, leave our legacy and make it easier for others to learn and get stared with Lynx development.

https://atarilynxdev.net/

544842911_ScreenShot2021-01-13at22_06_46.thumb.png.aa6441c57ef35b51cb62880a5d49f02b.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hah, ok, this is the second time someone said the login/logout icons look wrong (damn you FontAwesome 4)...I'll see what I can change it to and hopefully that will make a difference, maybe I just need to add text next to icons. I don't have full control of the look because it's themed and I don't really want to hack code at this point, but I'll work something out.

So can I get a consensus about using this wiki to consolidate the various Lynx websites and information on them into one place? Doesn't mean those sites need to go away, but it is nice to have all the info together, with links pointing to original sources of course. @sage You've asked me in the past why I've not added some info to Atari Gamer that your website has, the answer was that I didn't have time as I run a one-man (and my wife helps sometimes) show here. Now with the wiki we can have a community effort to consolidate everything...

• Thanks 1

Glad to see more people signing up! I've made everyone and editor so far so you can add and update pages, except for the front page. I'll try and organise the layout a bit better over the weekend. What does everyone think of pulling content from other sites and many of the threads on this forum into the wiki?

Thanks! Hey @sage do you have details you can put in about the latest version of Handy emulation? I see you updated the page to say the linked version is obsolete, it would be useful to have information on where to find the version with all the bug fixes, etc...

I'm also doing some collaboration with @Songbird to get the original scanned dev documentation uploaded and transcribed. This will form the basis of all the new dev documents on the wiki with the idea that other relevant topics i.e. ABCMusic, TGI, etc will be linked off of it.

11 hours ago, Igor said:

Thanks! Hey @sage do you have details you can put in about the latest version of Handy emulation? I see you updated the page to say the linked version is obsolete, it would be useful to have information on where to find the version with all the bug fixes, etc...

hard to keep track. i do not even tried after i paused active bug fixing.

I'm also doing some collaboration with @Songbird to get the original scanned dev documentation uploaded and transcribed. This will form the basis of all the new dev documents on the wiki with the idea that other relevant topics i.e. ABCMusic, TGI, etc will be linked off of it.

Why not use the transcript from BLL kit (from the 90ties)? I think it is mostly complete. Not sure about copyright

Edited by sage

Anyone else know about the latest Handy build? @Nop90 @karri @Turbo Laser Lynx?

I've asked @42bs if I can uses his website's HTML transcripts in the past but he wasn't keen then, so I'm assuming he is still not keen, I would be happy to take transcripts if allowed, but if not then scans will have to do. Either way I will also upload scans for reference purpose.

I also have the original Handy blue binder. But during the years the papers have got stuck to each other so there is no point in scanning it anymore. Saving the original technical docs is vital. I still rely on @42bs site whenever I need some info.

I have some fixed Handy sources that I did compile for Sony PS years ago. Currently I use Mednafen and RetroArch only. The PS Classic mini-console is my current favourite for emulation as I can easily save/restore at any point. Plus I like the controls.

• Like 1

Unless I hear back from @42bs about using his website's sources on the wiki, I will go ahead with OCR transcription of the scans.

I quite like how PDFs are rendered on the wiki (https://atarilynxdev.net/doku.php/lynx:doc:handy_specifications.pdf) - having these alongside the transcribed text will be good I think.

On 1/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, Igor said:

Unless I hear back from @42bs about using his website's sources on the wiki, I will go ahead with OCR transcription of the scans.

I quite like how PDFs are rendered on the wiki (https://atarilynxdev.net/doku.php/lynx:doc:handy_specifications.pdf) - having these alongside the transcribed text will be good I think.

Hi Igor, I even wanted to suggest to host it also in the wiki.

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2021 at 4:18 AM, Igor said:

Hi All! I've had many of you reach out to me about updating the Atari Gamer website with various developer/programming resources and I've simply not had the time to keep up. So after some discussion with a number of people I've decided to move all dev resources out of Atari Gamer and into a new community-driven wiki called...Atari Lynx Dev ?

The plan going forward is to have Atari Gamer focus on news and articles and some basic Lynx related information resources. The Atari Lynx Dev wiki will focus purely on development side of things. So I'd like to invite you all to help make this into the main resource for Lynx coding.

We have a great deal of information that is currently spread out across various websites, what I've done so far was create sections to document as much as I had already documented on Atari Gamer, but I need you to help fill in the blanks. I'd like to get some leads to take ownership of various sections of the wiki and others of course to contribute content like tutorials, tips and tricks, bits of code, etc.

I've outlined steps on how to contribute, at the moment it requires account registration and to have you set up as an editor, but that might change in the future and be more open as we get going.

Let's document our combined knowledge, leave our legacy and make it easier for others to learn and get stared with Lynx development.

https://atarilynxdev.net/

544842911_ScreenShot2021-01-13at22_06_46.thumb.png.aa6441c57ef35b51cb62880a5d49f02b.png

Thanks!!!!

*Begins his journey on coding the lynx*

Can't wait to make a ICT on this minature-beast.

Edited by Ecernosoft
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

Thanks!!!!

*Begins his journey on coding the lynx*

Can't wait to make a ICT on this minature-beast.

Also check out the game template I added to the current game jam (LynXjam 2022)

• Like 1