• MultiCart10400 (MC10K)
    • Open Atari ARM MultiCarts (OAAM)
    • Pharaoh Cart
    • Trinity Cart

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2022 at 10:26 AM

Works Perfect!

First tried with 2 pages of roms. Back and forth pages fine, Exit back to main menu no problem

Then I copied my UnoCart to the Pluscart SD card. Multiple folders full of roms. Also no issues, worked Perfect!

Thanx! Will let you know if any issues pop up during further testing

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

Great, now you don't have to open the case which was specifically designed to be opened.

lol. Its just for this test cart, I was opening that thing like everyday.

I have plenty of clean pretty ones!

IMG_20210212_223346535_HDR.jpg

Edited by Fierodoug5
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fierodoug5 said:

lol. Its just for this test cart, I was opening that thing like everyday.

I have plenty of clean pretty ones!

I have visions of cutting a hole in a Van Gogh painting to get easier access to the hook on the wall...

because I was hanging that thing everyday ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

I was trying to test this but don't seem to have a MacOS tool to convert the .elf to .bin.

Could you possibly post a .bin for me?

My initial attempt seems to have been correct - just program the .elf file direct via STM32Programmer.

I have a working PlusCart Duo - however the SD still locks up when I go to page 2 and back again.

12 minutes ago, Fierodoug5 said:

That's weird. That firmware fixed mine. I have multiple files and pages of roms. All works as expected

Yes it doesn't make much sense. I downloaded/burned the latest ".elf" file several times.

I can go to page 2, but any attempt to go back to page 1, or onward to page 3... lockup.

I will check once again tomorrow. If only there was a unique version # on the status/info page, I could verify that way.

I'm assuming there isn't, but I will check that tomorrow too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Fierodoug5 said:

Is there a UNOCart 2600 file that can be flashed to this STM32 board to check if we got the GPIO pins right for unocart?

There has to be, because I checked/ran the common code base (i.e., PlusCart look/feel) on my own UnoCart.

3 hours ago, Fierodoug5 said:

Is there a UNOCart 2600 file that can be flashed to this STM32 board to check if we got the GPIO pins right for unocart?

There has to be, because I checked/ran the common code base (i.e., PlusCart look/feel) on my own UnoCart.

Found it...

2 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Found it...

This is the the v2.0.0 version. I'll build and post the v2.0.10 draft version today.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fierodoug5 said:

the original UnoCart firmware should work on this hardware too:

https://github.com/DirtyHairy/UnoCart-2600/releases

(flash the firmware.bin file to start address 0x08000000)

• Like 1

@Fierodoug5

These builds (v2.0.12) include:

• update STM32CubeIDE to v1.6.0
  • reset RIOT at start and after exit emulation
  • exit input fields properly
  • more generic keyboard
  • clean up status messages
  • always escape spaces in API HTTP requests
  • @Andrew Davie's fix for menu delays (init and joystick up/down)
  •  a basic row of space/punctuation on the alpha keyboards
  • Bugfix eeprom addressing

PlusCart Duo.bin PlusCart Duo.elf UnoCart.bin UnoCart.elf

Edited by Al_Nafuur
  • Like 1

When we merge the new reunion branch to the master branch, we need a new name (and Readme) for the GITproject and for the STM32CubIDE project too.

Currently the GIT Project is named "Atari 2600 PlusCart", this will not be sufficient if a firmware for the UnoCart and other variants can be build with the code. The STM32CubeIDE Project is named "PlusCart" which is also not sufficient, when the build directories in the project are then named "PlusCart", "PlusCart Zero", "UnoCart", "UnoCart Zero",...

The problem is, I have no idea for a new name and renaming a GIT project and a Eclipse project is a nasty thing. 

So how shall we name a project for the common code-base/build-environment for all the UnoCart, PlusCart and variants. Any suggestions?

28 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I would name the project after what all variations have in common (e.g. multi-cart, for the same consoles, using the same CPU...). Or make up a completely unrelated name which could describe the unified character (e.g. "Trinity").

"Trinity" sounds good. I also thought of "Pandora", "Hydra", "Double-edge" or "Multi-edge" but have no idea how to bring that in relation to Atari, VCS, 2600 and the code base of MultiCarts

Edited by Al_Nafuur