IGNORED

TI-99/4A Related - PICTURE(s) OF THE DAY

Omega-TI

I thought a new thread titled "PICTURE(s) OF THE DAY" might be an interesting topic starter.  Take a photo of anything TI-99/4A related with your camera or cell phone and post it here.  Who knows what new topics of discussion (if any) could spin off into other new threads.  Sometimes the "next big thing" comes out of something unexpected, but without that stimulus, we'll never know what might have been.

Some topics could include, but are not limited to:

A project you are doing today, a new item you purchased, something you fixed, something you created, something you found, something humorous, something broken, something you found interesting.  Something else?

You can put a caption on the image, or not.  You can describe the image, or not, or even make us guess the connection.  I'm hoping different people take a whack at this every day so that'll be welcoming and inclusive to all.  I'll start off with one today, but I'm going to limit myself to one a month, maybe less if this takes off.  ?

As you see, much of my fun is the result of you AtariAge TI'ers making some real cool stuff!

1325637044_Day1.thumb.JPG.ddce71a0f84bd5b26744ef1184c251fc.JPG  THANKS!

Cartridge shells, cartridge boards, cartridge software, cartridge artwork, many people's efforts and talents can go into a single cartridge we have in our collections.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

1533895291_TIgames.thumb.jpg.5f23a91bba2297fe9ad1ab2b5afe8739.jpg

I'm a little envious that you have room to display boxed cartridges!  I'm in the process of downsizing and am trying to get rid of stuff that I no room for, but some items are not worth the effort to ship, like the nice backup P-Box, so it simply sits taking up room.  (sigh)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

I'm a little envious that you have room to display boxed cartridges!  I'm in the process of downsizing and am trying to get rid of stuff that I no room for, but some items are not worth the effort to ship, like the nice backup P-Box, so it simply sits taking up room.  (sigh)

I actually don't have much space (in a downtown core condo), but this is on the wall above one half of my desk that isn't otherwise occupied by shelves or 19" racks. 

I definitely have to maximise my use of vertical space.  Mostly, I do that with shelves and racks.  But a little decor is nice too.  :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tursi said:

PEB repair - after 15-odd years the mounts for the PC power supply gave out and it was rattling around in there. ;)

Probably should have printed something proper or drilled holes or something, but Gorilla glue suits me. ;)

PEBRepair.jpg

That today could probably be 3D-printed, all except the PS and PCB I assume.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 1:16 PM, Ksarul said:

Back then, TI built most equipment to MIL SPEC. One of the tests it had to survive was a drop test. . .rumor back then was 3 feet (1 meter), but the test documentation I've seen said one foot.

I'd be afraid to drop a P-Box three feet.

Not that I might damage the P-Box, mind you. It'll be fine. I'm worried about whatever it lands on.

• Haha 4

On 1/17/2021 at 1:16 PM, Ksarul said:

Back then, TI built most equipment to MIL SPEC. One of the tests it had to survive was a drop test. . .rumor back then was 3 feet (1 meter), but the test documentation I've seen said one foot.

I work for the Navy.  We still test stuff to a one meter drop.  It is supposed to simulate a drop off the edge of a table.  Most of the stuff I test is dropped in five orientations and I usually just drop the same unit five times.  It has to be safe to handle and use.  We do a 10 meter packaged drop in which the item has to be safe to dispose of.

• Like 2