IGNORED

Atari 8-Bit/5200 Homebrew Games Completed/WIP in 2021

5 minutes ago, vitoco said:

The tenliner port is almost ready:

It only uses 7 lines and a half, so there is a lot of space for enhancements... :lol:

Wow, the fact that this was done in 7.5 lines let alone 10 is astounding, it's looking amazing (and complete) already!

- James

Updated Completed:

• Flob by bocianu @bocianu (Idea/code/graphics/sfx), Music: LiSU, Miker, AceMan, PG, Zoltar X, Hardware design and production: Mq | Final Binary (20210917) | Updated Sep 18, 2021

Added to WIP:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2021 at 10:38 PM, Mr Robot said:

Return of the Fungi 

Part three of the Digger Dan trilogy has just been released by Simon Hunt the original author of Diamonds and Dan Strikes Back. 

https://retrounite.co.uk/return-of-the-fungi-digger-dan-trilogy-simon-hunt/

Thanks so much for the heads up! I've added it to the list.

- James

On 9/21/2021 at 12:38 AM, Mr Robot said:

Return of the Fungi 

Part three of the Digger Dan trilogy has just been released by Simon Hunt the original author of Diamonds and Dan Strikes Back. 

https://retrounite.co.uk/return-of-the-fungi-digger-dan-trilogy-simon-hunt/

Thanks for sharing. I am really happy for having the sequel of this game series. Congrats and thanks to the Legendary Simon Hunt that keeps on the classic style games alive. In his honor I found a game play to share with all of you.

ReturnOfTheFungi.xex

Edited by ALEXANDER
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

It's incredible that you managed to fit that into only 7½ lines!  

Current abbreviated listing has 1915 chars, and has some improvements from the video (speed ups for a more challenging game).

EXTREM-256 category allows up to 2560 chars (2550 in FastBasic) -> 7.5 lines

PUR-120 category allows up to 1200 chars -> 16 lines

I wanted to fit this game into 1200 chars, but that only worked when there was only one player. When I added the second player, I had to duplicate portions of the code, going over 1500 chars.

I faced two options: trying to reuse code instead of duplicate it to fit the PUR-120 category, and to missing features like the twinkle stars, the mountains and the scores, jumping to the EXTREM-256 category. I went into the higher, and I still have more than 600 bytes to add a better intro screen.

... but I still want to try a PUR-120 version.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

what's all this?

A list of all Atari 8-Bit and 5200 games that were either completed or updated as a WIP in 2021. I ran across the video of your WIP game and added it to the list.

For more information, check the first post of the thread.

- James

Hey all, I have been lurking here quite a bit and enjoying all the excellent work going on (and especially the games my good friends are working on).  I appreciated it all, and this stuff really keeps me enjoying my Atari roots!

@ZeroPage Homebrew  Though my recent involvement is minimal (don't have as much time as I did in the 80's) I was encouraged to finally get an account so I could be included in any notifications - I'm the W from the AWA games such as Kooky's Quest.

Thanks,

John

• Like 5

17 hours ago, jjw said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew  Though my recent involvement is minimal (don't have as much time as I did in the 80's) I was encouraged to finally get an account so I could be included in any notifications - I'm the W from the AWA games such as Kooky's Quest.

Hi John, welcome to the forums and nice to meet you. Thank you for continuing to make games for our favourite systems! I'll be in touch with your via PM shortly. ?

- James

Updated Completed:

• Albert by Kski (Program, Music, Levels/Level Graphics, Graphics, Object Animation), Kaz (Graphics, In-Game Panel Graphics, Fonts), Odyn1ec (Graphics / Object Animation), Triplex (Character Graphics, Animation) | Final Binary (20210222) | Updated Oct 13, 2021