IGNORED

Atari 8-Bit/5200 Homebrew Games Completed/WIP in 2021

Updated WIP:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added to Completed:

• Albert by Kski (Program, Music, Levels/Level Graphics, Graphics, Object Animation), Kaz (Graphics, In-Game Panel Graphics, Fonts), Odyn1ec (Graphics / Object Animation), Triplex (Character Graphics, Animation) | Final Binary (20210214) | Updated Jul 12, 2021
  • Flob by bocianu @bocianu (Idea/code/graphics/sfx), Music: LiSU, Miker, AceMan, PG, Zoltar X, Hardware design and production: Mq | Final Binary (20210710) | Updated Jul 12, 2021

Added to WIP:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up @Philsan! I've added them to the completed list:

Added to Completed:

Moved to Completed:

• Kooky Diver 2021 (8-bit & 5200) by Eric Anschuetz @eea, Robert @rra, John Weisgerber | Final Binary (20210703) | Updated Jul 31, 2021 | NOTE: Update to a Previously Completed game from 1984
  • Overflow 2021 (8-bit & 5200) by Eric Anschuetz @eea, Robert @rra, John Weisgerber | Final Binary (20210607) | Updated Jul 31, 2021 | NOTE: Update to a Previously Completed game from 1985
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oky2000 said:

Interesting. Couldn't get ANY version of this game to run on my C64 via my SD2IEC. Perhaps I will have more luck with an Atari and SD card solution.

Hmm, I haven't tried it on my C64 but I just tried dragging and dropping the d64 file into this online emulator and was able to play it with the keyboard with no issues.

- James

2 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Hmm, I haven't tried it on my C64 but I just tried dragging and dropping the d64 file into this online emulator and was able to play it with the keyboard with no issues.

- James

I only play games on a real C64 with an SD2IEC and unless the loading routines are written on purpose only to work on a real 1541 disk drive the games work only on emulators or from an ultra expensive 1541 Ultimate too but not on the perfectly adequate SD2IEC. Only 1 game technically needs anything better than an SD2IEC, that is Little Computer People - House on a disk because it uses the 1541 motherboard to generate the LCP random seed values on first boot up.....everything else is just a lame crack or bad design :)

edit: I think it didn't work with theC64 fullsize rubbish either even with turbo disk loading disabled. When I find a 5 1/4 disk head cleaner I will put it on a disk and play it on my SX-64....rather not play it first time on Windows cursor keys :)

Edited by oky2000

Moved to Completed:

Added to WIP:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vitoco said:

The video is not available for unsuscribed Facebook users. So it is worst for the ones that don't have a FB account. :(

Unfortunately it's the only clean video I've been able to find of the game so far.

The binary was released for sale today so I'll keep my eyes open for a video on YouTube to link to when someone uploads one.

- James

• Thanks 1

Added to Completed:

• Firefox Dash 56 (Port) by Mike Langer | Final Binary (20210708) | Updated Sep 1, 2021 | NOTE: Update/Port of Previously Released Game from 2014 with new Levels
  • Piracy 1621 (8-bit & 5200) by Eric Anschuetz @eea, Robert @rra, John Weisgerber | Final Binary (20210901) | Updated Sep 1, 2021 | NOTE: Update to a Previously Completed game from 1986
  • Piracy 1981 (8-bit & 5200) by Eric Anschuetz @eea, Robert @rra, John Weisgerber | Final Binary (20210901) | Updated Sep 1, 2021 | NOTE: Update to a Previously Completed game from 1981

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1