IGNORED

Metroidvania for Atari Jaguar - anyone?

phoboz

Just now, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Because they are misinformed and you aren't correcting them.

No Jeff, I corrected them every time I saw it and it was a lot over the 12 years I ran the stores. I actually sold the kits to clean the carts because of that. But make shit up and steer the conversation away from you being wrong.

Just now, Machine said:

Change argument when you are proven wrong.

If you ever bought the cleaning kits back in the day, that is what was used.

When I ran my game stores, we called nintendo and they just recommended 70% rubbing alcohol and 30% water (mixture).

No I'm not changing the argument I said blowing into N64 carts was never a thing and apparently you say it is. I guess it is

NOW

doesn't change the fact that anyone blowing into an N64 cart isn't really doing anything.

I never bought a cleaning kit so I wouldn't know, I will take your word for it because like I said my carts always boot without any blowing or cleaning

1 minute ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

No I'm not changing the argument I said blowing into N64 carts was never a thing and apparently you say it is. I guess it is

NOW

doesn't change the fact that anyone blowing into an N64 cart isn't really doing anything.

I never bought a cleaning kit so I wouldn't know, I will take your word for it because like I said my carts always boot without any blowing or cleaning

LOL

You are one of a kind Jeff.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Machine said:

No Jeff, I corrected them every time I saw it and it was a lot over the 12 years I ran the stores. I actually sold the kits to clean the carts because of that. But make shit up and steer the conversation away from you being wrong.

oh.....

IN THAT CASE I apologize I assumed you were part of the problem for the trend.

Ok I was wrong Tom. I said people never blew into N64 carts, I underestimated the rest of the nation but around here we didn't and we still don't I have never seen it and as I said I know other people who have N64 consoles.

I said the black piece was a dust protector. I was not wrong that is what it is, but if it makes you feel good then I will say I was wrong there as well, I don't even care anymore.

8 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

oh.....

IN THAT CASE I apologize I assumed you were part of the problem for the trend.

Ok I was wrong Tom. I said people never blew into N64 carts, I underestimated the rest of the nation but around here we didn't and we still don't I have never seen it and as I said I know other people who have N64 consoles.

I said the black piece was a dust protector. I was not wrong that is what it is, but if it makes you feel good then I will say I was wrong there as well, I don't even care anymore.

Your circular attempts at logic would be amusing if they weren't so sad.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Machine said:

You are amazing. You said "Nobody ever blew on N64 carts because there is a black plastic dust protector inside of every cart right at the connector so what would you actually be blowing?"

WELL JEFF, they are blowing on the exact same thing they blew on the NES carts and SNES carts, the teeth.  I guess you did not realize that. NOW you know.

There was a video I watched recently where the guy was saying blowing on the cart was a myth.... then proceeded to insert the cart, it didn't work, then he blew on the cart and it worked.

They just liked to break the sexual tension of inserting things.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, leech said:

There was a video I watched recently where the guy was saying blowing on the cart was a myth.... then proceeded to insert the cart, it didn't work, then he blew on the cart and it worked.

They just liked to break the sexual tension of inserting things.

The only video I could find of anyone blowing into an N64 cart (despite it being the thing to do now) was this one. I thought since it was such a popular practice that there would be a lot of videos of people doing it but no, sadly only this guy and he never did get it to work.

8 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

The only video I could find of anyone blowing into an N64 cart (despite it being the thing to do now) was this one. I thought since it was such a popular practice that there would be a lot of videos of people doing it but no, sadly only this guy and he never did get it to work.

Sorry, I should have specified the video I referred to was a NES not an n64.  The NES being FAMOUS for carts not working unless you blew on them.

Apparently blowing wasn't enough, this dude tongued his!

Edited by leech
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, agradeneu said:

That did not age well ?

You are correct. I have unintentionally derailed this thread.

For that I sincerely apologize Phoboz, I will not comment anymore

3 minutes ago, leech said:

Sorry, I should have specified the video I referred to was a NES not an n64.  The NES being FAMOUS for carts not working unless you blew on them.

That was my point, not all of the other noise. NES was the blowing on the cart thing, not N64, but I guess times are a changing

Just now, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

You are correct. I have unintentionally derailed this thread.

That was my point, not all of the other noise. NES was the blowing on the cart thing, not N64, but I guess times are a changing

I added another video in edit where a dude blew into his n64 cart, then licked the cart port and it worked.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

3 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

LMFAO

Well I have been proven wrong! It IS a thing! I hope he took that N64 out to dinner before he made out with it!

Well, that also aged well.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, leech said:

Apparently blowing wasn't enough, this dude tongued his!

LOL!!!!    Geez.... I needed that.   (laughs)

19 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

'nearly air tight' - a phrase meant to convery 'full of holes air can easily get through' apparently.  Wonder what 'bulletproof' means?

Jeff, please don't design any spaceships.

image.thumb.png.e4212efc7e686ce83fcfa6e616637f36.png

Wouldn't matter - the collision detection would be so far off, you won't be in danger of being hit!

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

NOW

Every thread you are in is the same.  You say something stupid, you get proven wrong, and then you keep talking in circles and changing the topic.  No different than when you got caught out not knowing how your bounding box math worked, and why it breaks your games.  You would be a great politician.

• Like 2