IGNORED

Metroidvania for Atari Jaguar - anyone?

phoboz

16 hours ago, phoboz said:

We are now working on the box art, and game manual. The game box will have an unique 3D rendered image with a scene from the game. I am awaiting permission from the artist to show a sample here...

The game itself is more, or less complete as it feels today, but we might notice additional things to improve before release... It took me almost 2 hours to speed-run the game. I am quite good at this now, as I know exactly were everything is located, and the optimal tactics to beat each BOSS. I did a brief check on speed-runs for some other of my favourite metroidvanias, and these could be speedrun in about half the time.

Wow that's great! I saw Kings of Edom pre-orders at Songbird and want to get that but I want this one more! Any idea as to when it will come out? Maybe by Christmas? I won't push it. It's done when it's done. Just let us know. Thanks!!

6 minutes ago, vrocko said:

Wow that's great! I saw Kings of Edom pre-orders at Songbird and want to get that but I want this one more! Any idea as to when it will come out? Maybe by Christmas? I won't push it. It's done when it's done. Just let us know. Thanks!!

Is this one going to be published by Songbird or AtariAge (I am sure it was mentioned in the thread?)

2 hours ago, vrocko said:

Any idea as to when it will come out? Maybe by Christmas?

It's not decided yet when it will be released, nor all the details about distribution. Because we are still working on the manual etc. Also I want to allow people to fully enjoy Kings of Edom before releasing another game. Because KoE will offer many hours of gameplay.

Additionally it takes time to print the boxes, manuals etc. I will let you know when we have a release date for this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2021 at 4:31 AM, grips03 said:

Did you ever implement customizing SFX using a volume meter

Very basic volume sliders due to limited ammount of remaining cartridge space:

sliders.thumb.PNG.3156035a60d3451054be16f9698381b5.PNG

Note the that range of the second slider is dependent on the value of the first one, e.g. I won't let you set the step sound higher than for example the shooting sound.

PS. These settings are also stored in EEPROM, but this was really the last remaining word in the standard IC, which I hade to pack two bytes into.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 11

On 9/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, phoboz said:

A short update (no spoiler compared to previous videos) just to show some details that has been added to the game.

Please play the video in full screen mode, so it does not drop frames. The flashing effect will not look right in window mode.

I cannot wait to get my hands in this one!

4 hours ago, grips03 said:

I noticed there is a bunch of text to read when first going through the game.  Can the text be skipped by pressing a button?  Reason for asking when the game is played a bunch of times the player will most likely want to skip it.

When holding the fire button (B) the text will print super fast, and close.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Karyyk said:

Definitely looking forward to this one. I already have Kings of Edom preordered and I'll do the same with this one on day one.

Yes as long as I'm not on the verge of going in the red I will too! Quite the accomplishment to get 2 very distinct games of different genres finished around the same time!

3 hours ago, phoboz said:

When holding the fire button (B) the text will print super fast, and close.

You really have thought of everything, squeezed every last byte, phew! Going to be exciting to play both games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neo_rg said:

Have you thought of using 2k eeproms instead of the 128b ones ?

Currently, I managed to squeeze 3 saveslots, and all configuration data into the standard chip. These are the easiest ones to obtain. I would hate to switch to a much larger chip just becuase I would need one more word of data. Since the maximum volume values are below the limit for a byte, it would be such a waste to use twice the ammount of storage space.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, leech said:

Now that I think about it, maybe I should have waited on my order for AtariAge.  But then is this going to be sold here or through Songbird?

We will setup a distribution network according to this:

America can buy from @Songbirdhttps://songbird-productions.com/

UK can buy from @Gaztee Pleiades

Europe + rest of the world can buy directly  from me http://tjocktv.se/shop/

You will of course not be forced to buy from your (closest) region, but this way we can offer better price, and faster shipping for most of you.

The product should be similar regardless from which distributor you buy it.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

Is this final now? Anymore updates or video you can share?

We are testing the game now, and working on bug fixes.

At the same time, the game manual is being prepared.

I might post one more video (showing a similar sequence) when the game is final.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3