IGNORED

Metroidvania for Atari Jaguar - anyone?

phoboz

23 minutes ago, CD-i said:

Will us EU citizens also be able to order kings of edom from you?

I wanted to have both games but songbird asks for really high shipping (40$) plus import taxes so that each game will easily be over 100€ then.

Currently there is no plan for it, but if enough people express their interest I can try to work something out with @Songbird

If you want to express you interest to buy Kings of Edom from me, please do that in the thread related to that game, or PM me.

PS. The reason why I am a little bit reluctant is that I don't know how many in EU already bought the game.

Edited by phoboz

1 hour ago, phoboz said:

Asteriote, latest update, final.

This game just looks so cool! I wish they would have done stuff like this back in the day when the Jaguar first came out. Maybe the Jag would have done better and gotten more developers onboard. Too bad they didn't support it more. Games like this, Kings of Edom, Gravitic Mines, Last Strike, Sky Hammer, and more would have kept people coming back for more. It'd been nice to see more 2000 games too. Space War 2000, although not finished, is a good game and would have been fun on the Jag. Battlezone 2000, Combat 2000 (in 3D would have been great!), Star Raiders 2000, Space Invaders 2000, Centipede 2000, Berzerk 2000 wow the possibilities are endless! Ah what could have been. ?

Edited by vrocko
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, vrocko said:

This game just looks so cool! I wish they would have done stuff like this back in the day when the Jaguar first came out. Maybe the Jag would have done better and gotten more developers onboard. Too bad they didn't support it more. Games like this, Kings of Edom, Gravitic Mines, Last Strike, Sky Hammer, and more would have kept people coming back for more. It'd been nice to see more 2000 games too. Space War 2000, although not finished, is a good game and would have been fun on the Jag. Battlezone 2000, Combat 2000 (in 3D would have been great!), Star Raiders 2000, Space Invaders 2000, Centipede 2000, Berzerk 2000 wow the possibilities are endless! Ah what could have been. ?

Seems they are trying to make up for thos mostake with the 'Recharged' series on the VCS.  Though they no longer own Battlezone, they should try to get a port of the one that was done a few years ago, that would be sweet, and should run fine on it.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 6:39 PM, CD-i said:

Will us EU citizens also be able to order kings of edom from you?

I wanted to have both games but songbird asks for really high shipping (40$) plus import taxes so that each game will easily be over 100€ then.

Agreed. If I was eyeing at anything from overseas, the high seas piracy has put an end to it, it's just too much. I bite the pillow and think of a happy place for Reboot releases, but I feel violated. ?

23 minutes ago, af0l said:

Agreed. If I was eyeing at anything from overseas, the high seas piracy has put an end to it, it's just too much. I bite the pillow and think of a happy place for Reboot releases, but I feel violated. ?

+1. This is becoming lengthy and complicated to buy overseas. Wish there would be someone willing to distribute AA and SB releases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neogeo1982 said:

The Battlezone on PSVR? I still play that, friggin awesome in VR ?! Maybe your talking about a different one though.

That's the one, though I have it on Steam, and have played it in my Index.  It's amazing!  I need to try to beat it... I need more time to play VR games! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

Is this still on schedule for a release this winter? Can't wait to play it?

- The release is planned for March 2022.

The box, label, and manual design is complete. The layout now needs to be prepared for the printer. The game has been tested by 2 independent game testers, only a few remaining bugs needed to be isolated (the game was quite well tested during development). These bugs has been addressed now.

My current best speed-run time is close to 2 hours (most  Metroidvanias can be speed-run in less than an hour). So I guarantee that this game will offer many hours of varied gameplay until you know the solution, and you get skilled enogh to defeat all the BOSSes. Each BOSS can be defeated using a specific strategy (which you have to figure out yourself) Certain BOSSes might also be easier to defeat if you obtain a specific skill before engaging them.

- The game will be sold by @Songbird in the US.

- Sold in the UK by @Gaztee (Pleiades)

- Sold by me in Europe + rest of the World.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/19/2022 at 4:25 PM, grips03 said:

Looking forward to this game.

I am waiting for @Songbird to make an announcement very soon...

https://mailchi.mp/a2b6228094d2/20220112-songbird-update

Once that is made, American customers can order from @Songbird (https://songbird-productions.com/)

European customers can order from me (http://tjocktv.se/), hopefully we also have an option for UK customers.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2