Jump to content
phoboz

Metroidvania for Atari Jaguar - anyone?

Recommended Posts

Will us EU citizens also be able to order kings of edom from you?

I wanted to have both games but songbird asks for really high shipping (40$) plus import taxes so that each game will easily be over 100€ then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CD-i said:

Will us EU citizens also be able to order kings of edom from you?

I wanted to have both games but songbird asks for really high shipping (40$) plus import taxes so that each game will easily be over 100€ then.

Currently there is no plan for it, but if enough people express their interest I can try to work something out with @Songbird

 

If you want to express you interest to buy Kings of Edom from me, please do that in the thread related to that game, or PM me.

 

PS. The reason why I am a little bit reluctant is that I don't know how many in EU already bought the game.

Edited by phoboz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asteriote, latest update, final.

Edited by phoboz
Best in full screen mode on a computer
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phoboz said:

Asteriote, latest update, final.

This game just looks so cool! I wish they would have done stuff like this back in the day when the Jaguar first came out. Maybe the Jag would have done better and gotten more developers onboard. Too bad they didn't support it more. Games like this, Kings of Edom, Gravitic Mines, Last Strike, Sky Hammer, and more would have kept people coming back for more. It'd been nice to see more 2000 games too. Space War 2000, although not finished, is a good game and would have been fun on the Jag. Battlezone 2000, Combat 2000 (in 3D would have been great!), Star Raiders 2000, Space Invaders 2000, Centipede 2000, Berzerk 2000 wow the possibilities are endless! Ah what could have been. 😢

Edited by vrocko
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, vrocko said:

This game just looks so cool! I wish they would have done stuff like this back in the day when the Jaguar first came out. Maybe the Jag would have done better and gotten more developers onboard. Too bad they didn't support it more. Games like this, Kings of Edom, Gravitic Mines, Last Strike, Sky Hammer, and more would have kept people coming back for more. It'd been nice to see more 2000 games too. Space War 2000, although not finished, is a good game and would have been fun on the Jag. Battlezone 2000, Combat 2000 (in 3D would have been great!), Star Raiders 2000, Space Invaders 2000, Centipede 2000, Berzerk 2000 wow the possibilities are endless! Ah what could have been. 😢

Seems they are trying to make up for thos mostake with the 'Recharged' series on the VCS.  Though they no longer own Battlezone, they should try to get a port of the one that was done a few years ago, that would be sweet, and should run fine on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2021 at 6:39 PM, CD-i said:

Will us EU citizens also be able to order kings of edom from you?

I wanted to have both games but songbird asks for really high shipping (40$) plus import taxes so that each game will easily be over 100€ then.

Agreed. If I was eyeing at anything from overseas, the high seas piracy has put an end to it, it's just too much. I bite the pillow and think of a happy place for Reboot releases, but I feel violated. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, af0l said:

Agreed. If I was eyeing at anything from overseas, the high seas piracy has put an end to it, it's just too much. I bite the pillow and think of a happy place for Reboot releases, but I feel violated. 😁

+1. This is becoming lengthy and complicated to buy overseas. Wish there would be someone willing to distribute AA and SB releases.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leech said:

Battlezone

The Battlezone on PSVR? I still play that, friggin awesome in VR 😜! Maybe your talking about a different one though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neogeo1982 said:

The Battlezone on PSVR? I still play that, friggin awesome in VR 😜! Maybe your talking about a different one though.

That's the one, though I have it on Steam, and have played it in my Index.  It's amazing!  I need to try to beat it... I need more time to play VR games! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, phoboz said:

Asteriote, latest update, final.

Thanks for this, I've only checked the first few seconds because... I want to experience it for myself. What I've seen already looks great and looks very presentable... Looking forward to its release! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

Is this still on schedule for a release this winter? Can't wait to play it😁

 

- The release is planned for March 2022.

 

The box, label, and manual design is complete. The layout now needs to be prepared for the printer. The game has been tested by 2 independent game testers, only a few remaining bugs needed to be isolated (the game was quite well tested during development). These bugs has been addressed now.

 

My current best speed-run time is close to 2 hours (most  Metroidvanias can be speed-run in less than an hour). So I guarantee that this game will offer many hours of varied gameplay until you know the solution, and you get skilled enogh to defeat all the BOSSes. Each BOSS can be defeated using a specific strategy (which you have to figure out yourself) Certain BOSSes might also be easier to defeat if you obtain a specific skill before engaging them.

 

- The game will be sold by @Songbird in the US.

- Sold in the UK by @Gaztee (Pleiades)

- Sold by me in Europe + rest of the World.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet! I'm so pumped up for this and @CyranoJ GM coming out! No more spoilers phoboz I want the raw first time experience like I had with Kings of Edom again 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phoboz said:

- The game will be sold by @Songbird in the US.

- Sold in the UK by @Gaztee (Pleiades)

- Sold by me in Europe + rest of the World.

Makes me happy that we have some of us figuring out distribution in this gnarly time period!  So many other things I order take forever due to customs or whatever these days.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preview of the game manual:

(not a game spoiler, but it might be a manual spoiler)

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That back cover would make a sweet poster! Any plans for selling pins or posters or anything? Actually Kings of Edom cover would make a good poster too 😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TenBoe said:

I draw a little fan art for Asteroite.

 

Really looking forward, can‘t wait. 🙂

 

 

2D586AA5-33FB-4B6D-981A-765C641E652E.jpeg

Welcome - that's a damn cool first post!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2022 at 4:25 PM, grips03 said:

Looking forward to this game.

I am waiting for @Songbird to make an announcement very soon...

https://mailchi.mp/a2b6228094d2/20220112-songbird-update

 

Once that is made, American customers can order from @Songbird (https://songbird-productions.com/)

European customers can order from me (http://tjocktv.se/), hopefully we also have an option for UK customers.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is every version the same (boxed, manual) when we order from you or songbird? Since I'm in Europe that would be interesting to know :) @phoboz

 

We have at least 8 people gathered in Germany to order from you ^^

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...