IGNORED

Tempest 2000 and spinner

glorfindeal1

6 minutes ago, glorfindeal1 said:

Has anyone else had a problem playing Tempest 2000 with a spinner?  With the Tempest 2000 game cartridge the spinner works perfectly, but when I try on the GD the spinner works erratically.  Taken out of spinner mode, the controller works perfectly.

Thanks,

I played, honestly just long enough to test, 5-10 mins, and didn't notice any difference compared to my cartridge. Using spinner on port 1, swapping controllers as soon as I use my regular controller to select the game.
Some Spinners have D-pads as well but mine doesn't.
SainT said a firmware update will allow you to pick it with the numpad if you don't have a Dpad on your spinner.
But no issues for me... I've also used a mouse on other games with no problem, as well as the spinner on Arkanoid.

Edit: I guess I should ask, is it from the start, or does it happen off and on? I can test further this weekend most likely if needed.

Edited by Hastor

5 minutes ago, Hastor said:

I played, honestly just long enough to test, 5-10 mins, and didn't notice any difference compared to my cartridge. Using spinner on port 1, swapping controllers as soon as I use my regular controller to select the game.
Some Spinners have D-pads as well but mine doesn't.
SainT said a firmware update will allow you to pick it with the numpad if you don't have a Dpad on your spinner.
But no issues for me... I've also used a mouse on other games with no problem, as well as the spinner on Arkanoid.

Edit: I guess I should ask, is it from the start, or does it happen off and on? I can test further this weekend most likely if needed.

Mine has the Dpad.  The spinner is on the back and it has a switch to go between dpad and spinner.  But when I use the spinner with the GD the thingy spins sporadically around the playing field.  If I turn it back to the dpad, the dpad works perfectly.  Using the tempest 2000 cart, I have no problems at all.  I wonder if it could be the rom file, though the fact the game runs perfectly using the dpad seems to negate an issue with the rom.