IGNORED

Search for the Supersalt Display BD TE-200070

BigBen

Hello everybody,
I'm looking for the circuit diagram for the Supersalt Display BD TE-200070. It is part of the CPS Super Salt Diagnostic Test Assy (FA100332). Do you have this display? if there is no circuit diagram, photos could help. The circuit board of the Error Display Interface is connected via the contact pins J9.

Base PCB.jpg

circuit diagram PCB Base.jpg

complete CPS Supersalt.jpg

PCB over PCB Base with Display PCB.jpg

Supersold Error Display BD - TE200070 Rev A.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BigBen said:

Hello everybody,
I'm looking for the circuit diagram for the Supersalt Display BD TE-200070. It is part of the CPS Super Salt Diagnostic Test Assy (FA100332). Do you have this display? if there is no circuit diagram, photos could help. The circuit board of the Error Display Interface is connected via the contact pins J9.

Base PCB.jpg

Something does NOT add-up here...

1. My FA100332 unit (as I see it, and as described in SuperSalt manual) comes with a different PCB than yours, and a different (port-matching) enclosure.
  2. The FK100331 kit, per SuperSalt manual, does not describe any external error display, nor shows or indicate (as far as I saw) an optional error display daughter-board.
  3. The actual case you show there does NOT fit your own PCB (!?)

Here, straight from SuperSalt Manual:

3E0F1D6C-DE9F-45DD-A1EE-61B1DD9360CD.thumb.png.337a5f4ac15f74931700e66dad73b8f0.png

It seems that we are in the presence of either a PRIOR or NEWER generation of 331 units, per your pictures... This is interesting, indeed!

Edited by Faicuai

Interesting....  the 400/800 board is marked FA 100333 /  FC 100334

BigBen, can we get a shot of the solder side of the main unit you have?

The schematics you have there, from the SUPERSALT Manual (Feb 84), shows a future use J9 header for the error display.  I don't think anyone has seen this version of the board which would have to be a later run.

12 hours ago, Stephen said:

Wow - never heard of this before.

It goes with the Super Salt cartridge. Either B&C or Best E. was/is selling them.

EDIT: Best E. has them in their catalog, don't know if they still have any in stock, but I don't deal with him anymore. If B&C (MyAtari) has them, they aren't listed at the eBay store, and the B&C Computervisions web page store doesn't work anymore...

Edited by Gunstar
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

It goes with the Super Salt cartridge. Either B&C or Best E. was/is selling them.

EDIT: Best E. has them in their catalog, don't know if they still have any in stock, but I don't deal with him anymore. If B&C (MyAtari) has them, they aren't listed at the eBay store, and the B&C Computervisions web page store doesn't work anymore...

Best's 332 kit is sold out. Extinct, now.

My advice would be for everyone to grab one unit from MyAtari, before they disappear.

The FA100332 is a pretty useful (and must-have) unit for any serious Atari 8-bit collector or user... 

My 0.02c, after some time with it.

@Faicuai Yeah, I just checked the catalog addendum and was going to inform everyone, like you, they are sold out at Best. I looked at MyAtari shop on eBay (B&C site doesn't work anymore) but I didn't see any for sale there.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, kheller2 said:

Folks.. the thing people have not seen before is the external error display board and this specific version of the supersalt board.

Correct!

We have not because it is not even on the manual of *our own units* nor it seems compatible with our own PCB boards (I will open mine later, as it still has the "warranty" seals on it...)

Let's see who else has seen them.

Here is a picture of the PCB backside. I bought the Supersalt from Curt Vendel. I had already suspected that it was a prototype. For comparison, tfhh (jürgen) has posted his pictures of his Supersalt FC 100334 in the Abbuc forum. The circuit diagram comes from the Supersalt manual that I found on the Internet. The error display also makes sense. If the Atari no longer outputs an image, the error code in the display can help.

Base PCB Backside.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I remember the SALT diagnostics from back in the day, but I never knew about this device. I just wrote a blog post documenting what I could figure out from the pictures of the Display board. Having pictures of the back of the board would really help in figuring out how it worked. 

https://dansdigitalarchaeology.blogspot.com/2023/03/cps-super-salt-error-display-board.html

I also did a series of posts on how the test device works. Most of this information in in the Technical Manual but I simplified it a bit for my posts.

https://dansdigitalarchaeology.blogspot.com/2023/02/atari-cps-supersalt-test-assembly.html

https://dansdigitalarchaeology.blogspot.com/2023/02/atari-cps-supersalt-test-assembly-adc.html

https://dansdigitalarchaeology.blogspot.com/2023/03/atari-cps-super-salt-sio-test.html

https://dansdigitalarchaeology.blogspot.com/2023/03/atari-cps-super-salt-joystick-ports.html

On 1/17/2021 at 5:18 PM, BigBen said:

Hello everybody,

Base PCB.jpg

• Like 1