IGNORED

What are you playing currently on Jaguar?

Rick Dangerous

What are you playing today/tonight/this month on Jaguar?  I'm always curious what people are actually playing (not collecting.)

This is the thread to post what you are playing, pictures etc.  I want to hear about the games that you are getting fired up about, beating levels, setting new high scores, etc!

Here is my stack for tonight, playing Wolfenstein through again on "Extra Carnage" difficulty, and will play as many of the rest as I can until I get tired.

PXL_20210118_015702213.jpg

• Like 3

Mostly World Tour Racing (Arcade Mode FTW) and Checkered Flag, though I'm also working through a Wolfenstein campaign on the side. I've never actually completed Wolfenstein 3D on any platform.

@Rick Dangerous, your stack includes a wildcard. What're you going to go with there?

Here's my personal best on WTR, from earlier today:PXL_20210117_222804542.thumb.jpg.d904349682bcf6d5dd7dfb64a1ac4db7.jpg

• Like 1

What are you playing today/tonight/this month on Jaguar?  I'm always curious what people are actually playing (not collecting.)

This is the thread to post what you are playing, pictures etc.  I want to hear about the games that you are getting fired up about, beating levels, setting new high scores, etc!

Here is my stack for tonight, playing Wolfenstein through again on "Extra Carnage" difficulty, and will play as many of the rest as I can until I get tired.
PXL_20210118_015702213.thumb.jpg.984f2ef811ad75b5b9acdc52452a52f8.jpg
I'm curious about a few items in your stack.

1. I noticed you have Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles there, but the version Gaztee produced was named Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Do you actually have a different version of the game, or is it just Gaztee's version with a TMNT insert instead?

2. Do you have a good source for your inserts? I normally scan boxes and create my own, but the quality isn't always the greatest.

As for what I'm playing... Most recently, it has been Star Wars Arcade with my son. And my all-time Jag favorite NBA Jam TE myself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 1/17/2021 at 10:23 PM, cubanismo said:

Mostly World Tour Racing (Arcade Mode FTW) and Checkered Flag, though I'm also working through a Wolfenstein campaign on the side. I've never actually completed Wolfenstein 3D on any platform.

@Rick Dangerous, your stack includes a wildcard. What're you going to go with there?

Wolfenstein is so good!  We are so luck to have that port...

The Skunk has Biopede loaded into Bank 2; have been playing it a bunch just for fun. 

21 hours ago, Sargon said:

I'm curious about a few items in your stack.

1. I noticed you have Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles there, but the version Gaztee produced was named Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Do you actually have a different version of the game, or is it just Gaztee's version with a TMNT insert instead?

2. Do you have a good source for your inserts? I normally scan boxes and create my own, but the quality isn't always the greatest.

1. It's "Hero's" that Gaztee made, but i'm in the US so i had the cover made with the USA art/name style since that what i grew up with. 

2.  Inserts....its a long story (thread)  if it's not in here, PM me i probably have it:

12 hours ago, doctorclu said:

This is what I keep on hand for regular play.

Is Attack of the Mutant Penguins any fun? This is one I don't have, and I don't know what to make of the reviews. People tend to seem more perplexed than opinionated.

Rebooteroids and Tempest were the only things in my rotation for a while, but I seem to be taking a break from those lately. After the Biopede competition thread got bumped a few times, I did put that back on the skunk for a few rounds the past few nights. Getting a little better at it, but still pretty awful.

Edited by cubanismo
I'm awful at Biopede, not the game is awful. The game is awesome.

37 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

Is Attack of the Mutant Penguins any fun? This is one I don't have, and I don't know what to make of the reviews. People tend to seem more perplexed than opinionated.

Rebooteroids and Tempest were the only things in my rotation for a while, but I seem to be taking a break from those lately. After the Biopede competition thread got bumped a few times, I did put that back on the skunk for a few rounds the past few nights. Getting a little better at it, but still pretty awful.

Mutant Penguins is great I think. It's part RTS and part puzzle game. The graphics remind me of TROG and Flip-Out, like claymation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cubanismo said:

Cute mascots, cute penguins you got to take out, and even some regular penguins that help fight for you.   Varied level designs, and the challenge of getting your weapon to stop the advancing mutant penguins, and to slow them down traps you can set, paths you can divert, etc.

I like it.  :D   Played it all the way through.

• Thanks 1

Rebooteriods was on my Christmas list so have obviously been playing a lot of that recently interspersed with a little Rayman and some Iron Soldier. Need to find time for some Worms action.

@cubanismo, personally I like Attack of the Mutant Penguins. I find it a little easier with one of the characters than the other and the bonus/interlude rounds make nice little change from the main game. An obscure beat 'em up combined with a little strategic element (what contraption/tool to build/operate and when, collecting gremlins to do so and using bonuses) 

Little love letter to: Mutant Penguins is no easy pickup and play. First you need to understand the game mechanics. You have to collect little blue gremlins then you have to put several of them in chests to open those, in there you find letters for your weapon, once you have all the letters you get the weapon and then you have to charge the weapon by hitting penguins. Only then will you be able to kill the enemies.

This happens while all the while the bad guys start to walk towards the scale of doom. You can also use the gremlins to feed traps to kill enemies while you don't have a weapon yet. It's all pretty chaotic and not very self explanatory, but once you get the hang of the mechanic, it's a funny game.

I enjoyed the different themes and the humour and the sound effects when you hit a penguin with a pan. It's a quite unique game so it has a really soft spot with me. Also someone mentioned the minigames in between are also a neat break. I just wish there would be a whacky background music (or music at all) and ultimately more levels...:)

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed Fallen Angels recently, as soon as I understood which button to press for docking with the mother ship (e.g. this is what you have to do when you have rescued enough fallen pilots, in order to reach the next level)

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1