IGNORED

Can't solder? External U1MB

candle

4 hours ago, xxl said:

Just remember that snowflake will immediately change your internal software so make sure you do it right.

Really? after all the fuss you kicked up getting unauthorized versions removed when people fixed the bug in Angle Worm? Now it's OK to change others code without permission?

• Like 2

I find this entertaining AF. Lol. 

Fan theory --- Candle and XXL are actually the same person posting on separate accounts. The drama is the greatest marketing ever!

4 hours ago, candle said:

and where is fun in this?

You devious genius you!!!! (I'm on to you!) ;)

4 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

Haha... fly over to the UK and I'll show you who is easily hurt.

OMG yes! Sell tickets! I don't really care who would win but I would enjoy the beers afterwards. (Who am I kidding, I would enjoy the beers before and during as well!) You guys set it up and I swear the first round is on me!

5 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

It has reached the stage that to capitulate now would give the impression that simply making a tremendous spectacle of yourself for months or years on end while simultaneously belittling the developer is a legitimate way to report issues.

I'm not skilled enough to judge anyone's Atari work here - but FJC you should never work as an attorney in your own defense (also not a mediator in the middle east.) You are absolutely correct, and absolutely incorrect. If XXL is a true troll then with this statement he would have accomplished his true goal which would have never been getting actual changes to U1MB.

1 hour ago, Mi1ez said:

Oh man!  This is great!  Despite having Side3 and many upgrades... i'd still buy a couple of these for my XL/XE's.  Heh!

Despite not having SIDE anything nor U1MB anything --- and despite having alternatives I enjoy --- I would still buy this! Looks freaking cool and I would love to get a chance to experience that hardware/software that so many folks here enjoy.  --- Thanks again Candle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Stephen said:

Any way you can remove the turban and substitute it with that awesome haircut we've all come to love?

That was actually the first thing I was going to do; but it looked like his wig didn't like being rotated a few degrees (it's kinda tilted to one side in the original); and I didn't have much time to throw that together (took about 15 min). I'll probably give it another try later; but I'm thinking it might take away some of the "guruness", if the turban is gone.

Maybe a mini version of his wig (with or without his head) could be floating off to the side -- alongside the "PIA" and "$D303+"; or -- since I'm gonna be reducing everything -- maybe the three of those can all be circulating around the guru. The possibilities are limitless. :D

Edited by MrFish
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Stephen said:

that awesome haircut we've all come to love

1 hour ago, MrFish said:

his wig (with or without his head)

Uhm, I hope you both realize that that picture is a meme and not the actual portrait? And, regardless, do you *seriously* want to build that permanently into a device just because he used this pic as his avatar? I would say that this must be a kind of love indeed...

Edited by drac030
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, xxl said:

yes, I deserved it because I found a bug in your construction :(

I haven't been a member here for long, but I have read all about this supposed 'issue' and what I see is not so much a coder finding a bug, but a coder going out of their way to deliberately exploit the apparent bug all as a part of one's personal agenda against a team making great hardware. Furthermore, they essentially, shamelessly, admit to doing so.

Such antics are doing no more than limiting a niche market into a greater niche and are undoubtedly going to affect the coder in question far more than the team making the U1MB, essentially it defies all reasonable logic.

Furthermore, the desire to degrade a positive thread by rehashing a subject that's earned far more discussion than it essentially deserves is undoubtedly poor forum fellowship and an unhealthy desire to hold a mean grudge.

I say we ignore the negativity and discuss what is undoubtedly an exciting product for a device still being supported well past its use by date by a group of enthusiasts pushing the hardware to extremes the original engineers of the A8 line never dreamt of and doing so in their precious spare time.

Edited by Mazzspeed
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, drac030 said:

Uhm, I hope you both realize that that picture is a meme and not the actual portrait? And, regardless, do you *seriously* want to build that permanently into a device just because he used this pic as his avatar? I would say that this must be a kind of love indeed...

Yes, we do.  It's just part of the running joke.

2 minutes ago, drac030 said:

"Long hair etc." actually sounds more like Pinokio/Tristesse :D

OK, well, regardless; the meme is some way to identify him (he's the one who's chosen it). For me, I just think the whole things hilarious, and getting some laughs here... It's up to candle if he enjoys carrying the humor into the device. As long as it doesn't get in the way of any intended functionality, why not? And then XXL can feel some sense of accomplishment for all his hard work too. :D