IGNORED

Reprinted OOP Assembly Commodore Books on Lulu.com

Greetings folks,

Just an FYI for anyone looking for reprinted out of print programming books to try Lulu.com

I have used Lulu before but this time I found a book I have been desperately looking for years.  I have been wanting the Compute! published books Programming the 64 and Programming the Vic by West and was able to find the 64 on Ebay, but the Vic one appears to some rare air to find.  I love West's two books for the C64 and Vic and have been wanting them for many years.

I even went as far to email libraries in Texas once I found out they had the Vic book to offer them to buy it, however all of them could not sell the book to me..

I visited lulu and it looks like someone just recently uploaded the PDF and Lulu has made Programming the Vic for reproduction.

I am just passing this on to anyone who may be looking for this awesome Vic 20 book!

The printing is done well and it is the same size of the 64 original one and the binding is excellent.

I also bought another copy (I have the original) of the Butterfields Machine Language for the C64, 128 expanded editions.

The Butterflied book is printed much smaller but still looks good, I was surprised they went with the small size when it should be the same size of the West book.

In any case I am not connected to Lulu and do not make any money or get anything from them.. I just wanted to pass on a place for anyone who was looking for these tough to find books and do not mind a reprint. The books were very reasonable priced.

I put a few screenshots here for anyone who might be interested. I hope anyone who is interested in Assembly Commodore programming can find this knowledge useful for them.

20210117_231350.thumb.jpg.4e3852d08c0d173a4984800a97f69f6d.jpg20210117_231300.thumb.jpg.c5b9076b7859232acaf8107ead48e432.jpg20210117_231251.thumb.jpg.0e908452c091f54799535bd4b583808a.jpg

If anyone here is looking for these 

20210117_231251.jpg

20210117_231300.jpg

20210117_231350.jpg

It would appear that the second book is not in the search index, either by mistake or on purpose. Google however found it.

Machine Language for the Commodore 64/128 by Jim Butterfield:

https://www.lulu.com/en/en/shop/jim-butterfield/machine-language-for-the-commodore-64128-and-other-commodore-computers-revised-expanded-edition/paperback/product-1mm2m4n9.html?page=1&pageSize=4

Programming the VIC by Raeto Collin West:

https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/raeto-collin-west/programming-the-vic/paperback/product-1wk5d9rg.html?page=1&pageSize=4

• Thanks 1

Oh sorry I should have included the links, I just did not want people to think I was peddling them.

I am glad you found them.  I have to say the West book is amazing to me.  Covering the BASIC of Vic 20 and Machine Language.  I really like the ML step build projects starting on Page 229.

I have to say this West book, just like his C64 book was, have become my favorite Vic 20 guide.  It's so rare to find such a great amount of material for both BASIC and ML for the Vic 20 in one book.  I think this book pretty much stands in a class by itself for Vic programming during that day.

I however would love to see a modern book for the Vic and another one for the C64 that focuses on Game and Demo programming in ML using modern toolchains and emulators with a focus on tricks and tips that programmers have done to maximize graphics, screen, memory etc.

Carlsson, I can imagine you can write a book like that given the posts I have seen by you in forums about Vic programming, it seems your knowledge is quite extensive in that way.  Perhaps you should publish your own guide book, I can tell you I would buy it in a second!  ;)

Edited by imstarryeyed