IGNORED

Aquarius Acquired: Now What?

sixersfan105

3 hours ago, MattelAquarius said:

Off topic I DID (re)find my 1541 adapter card.  Anyone know of a modern 1541 SD drive that might be plug and play with it? 

Very nice! Any chance of quality photos of board, both sides, and a dump of the ROM? It's on my todo list for emulating in MAME.

48 minutes ago, Pernod said:

Very nice! Any chance of quality photos of board, both sides, and a dump of the ROM? It's on my todo list for emulating in MAME.

The ROM has been dumped, and is freely available with the original emulator (and on JayBird3rd's Aquaricart).

I can definitely take some detailed pics of the board and upload them here, or perhaps a new thread.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jltursan said:

Indeed it's really cool to have found this interface. If it's really a 1541 compatible interface it must work with the well-known and cheap SD2IEC devices

I'll have to check that out!  When I did a cursory search before, all the SD boards seemed to plug into one of the C64's cart ports, so I wasn't sure what was going on there.  Based on that wiki you linked, this one does seem to have at least one connection to the datasette port for power. I'd need to rig up a replacement for that, but I WILL dig into this more.  

Thanks for the tip, jltursan!

I finally got my Aquarius set up last night! Picked up the TV for $5 just for the Aquarius, too. Thought it matched pretty well. The Aquarius bundle that I got wound up being super minty - boxed with all packing material. Seems like it was used *maybe* once before going back in the box. Fine by me! Here are some pics of my setup.

I got a boxed data recorder, too, but that's not set up just yet - I'm waiting on the cassette cable to arrive (it was missing from the data recorder box, which I knew in advance of the purchase, I just couldn't pass up driving only 10 minutes from my home to get it...I bought a cheapish boxed Radofin Aquarius the other day just for the cable and the demo cassette - call me crazy...) 

Thanks, again, to @jaybird3rd for the Aquaricart, 32K RAM cart and BLBird! They are great. Looking forward to Aquaricart Volume 2 ?

EC5CACE1-28FE-498B-9AA6-489E5827C1EE.jpeg

D6403FF8-992F-4DD2-9631-D908670A99B0.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Thanks, again, to @jaybird3rd for the Aquaricart, 32K RAM cart and BLBird! They are great. Looking forward to Aquaricart Volume 2 ?

You're very welcome!  It's always a treat to see something that I worked on out there in the world, being enjoyed by people, so thanks for posting the pictures.  It's a nice-looking system!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MattelAquarius said:

I'll have to check that out!  When I did a cursory search before, all the SD boards seemed to plug into one of the C64's cart ports, so I wasn't sure what was going on there.  Based on that wiki you linked, this one does seem to have at least one connection to the datasette port for power. I'd need to rig up a replacement for that, but I WILL dig into this more.  

Thanks for the tip, jltursan!

That's it, you'll probably need to adapt only the power supply. It could be external so it must be an easy setup.

As Pernod, I would really llove to see some pics, is it a standard size Aquarius cartridge?; if so, have you ever disassembled the cart?

• 3 months later...