IGNORED

AdamLink V MIB modded ADE vs physical disk

rietveld

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this?

If I boot the Adamlink V MIB software via ADE it works perfectly but If I boot a physical disk of this program it goes to the Config screen as normal but as soon as I go into terminal mode it says "lost carrier" and freezes.  The physical disk is an exact copy that I made using the ADE.

Edited by rietveld

If AL5 writes the config to a specific block or blocks (say 159) and not to a file, File Manager may have only copied the used blocks that it sees via reading the directory from the image file to the disk.

if this is the case, AL5 would use a default config until you edit it and then save it to disk.

Best practice when copying stuff with the Adam is to use the Block Copy function and copy the entire block range... 000-159 for disk and 000-255 for data pack. Adjust accordingly for larger sized drives / media.

2 hours ago, NIAD said:

If AL5 writes the config to a specific block or blocks (say 159) and not to a file, File Manager may have only copied the used blocks that it sees via reading the directory from the image file to the disk.

if this is the case, AL5 would use a default config until you edit it and then save it to disk.

Best practice when copying stuff with the Adam is to use the Block Copy function and copy the entire block range... 000-159 for disk and 000-255 for data pack. Adjust accordingly for larger sized drives / media.

I did not do a block copy just BACKUP so that seems to be where I went wrong