IGNORED

Can anybody help me with level 143 in Crystal Mines II (Buried Treasure version)

Tanukitsune

I've made it so far in this game and I really love and I don't want to quit, but I've been stuck on this level for days.

The level seems to be mainly about getting the grey boulders in transformation tubes but no matter how hard I try I'm 60 gems short? Either this level has secret I can't discover or I have to do something very specific I can't figure out.

If it helps I'm playing it on the Evercade.

1 hour ago, Songbird said:

Code is JRXP. I've been trying to solve the level as well, but can't get below 60 gems so far.

I've tried to use this code on your lovely Evercade Premium Bundle #2 for a bit of a discount.... but it did nothing ;)

Just kidding Carl. But I did try it regardless ;)

Edited by eightbit

Finally made it to this level. I can get it down to 40 by blowing up some of the tar which sometimes leaves a white crystal, but I cannot figure out which tar squares I should blow up. The one in the upper left always turns into a crystal, but that is the only one that never turns into the rock wall. The lower left becomes a crystal a lot too, but not all the time.

I DID IT!

The first thing you have to do is get the grey block monster to the area with the button. if you can sync it right it will be close enough to bomb the white block enough for the grey monster to push it and save enough bombs to use on the tar, which is why there are so many shoot-able blocks, if you get three tar block on top of a shootable block and blow it up, you'll get diamond you can get by shooting the block!

EDIT: Thanks, jeremaihjt, the tar blocks were the solution!

Edited by Tanukitsune
  • Thanks 1

Well thanks to Tanukitsune I beat it too. Took me a few tries before I got down the gist of creating white crystals with bombs. It will only create a crystal if the crystal is completely surrounded after the explosion. So you have to destroy a breakable block or get an arrow block to move to get to it. The chain link also works for the crystal being surrounded too even though you can just drive right through the fence.

The first time I got the exit to open I died before I could find it. The next time I made it and then realized this level has a bonus level entrance, so I had to redo it a couple of times until I found the exit to bonus level 28, Tarmaze.

Tarmaze by the way looks like it will be the same thing, trying to make crystals from blowing up tar.

I stayed up way too late, but it was worth it as I finally beat Terminus and Crystal Mines II.

Five crystals would be one of the green crystals. Are you pushing the rock demon into the tube at the beginning so it can push that one green crystal into the tube? What about blowing up the rock block that you use to push the rock demon into the transformation tube near the start so it falls through the transformation tube?

7 hours ago, Tanukitsune said:

Yes, I've done those two, do you need to use the tar in the start area for anything? I rushed in the area with the umbrella powerup to make sure the rock didn't smash any gems and pushed it out of the way too.

No. The only tar used to make crystals is that one block by itself next to exploding dirt. How many white crystals are you getting out of the white crystal demon at the start? I was able to get 8 crystals out of it.