IGNORED

TI-99/4A - Hookups for a good time! ;)

Omega-TI

2 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

Woo Hoo!  The package arrived today!  Now I need to find a COUPLE of suitable and fun projects.  The "classic sized" one is cute, and I'll use it, but the "modern deluxe" one is great too!  Decisions, decisions!  Anyway, here is the video as promised.  

What is the gridplate made of?  Is it something like colored phenolic, or is it just common garden-variety plastic?

I have considered something "similar" as a 3D printer project, for board prototyping.  Grid pattern on one side, subtly done "channels" to run bus-wires through on the back. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wierd_w said:

What is the gridplate made of?  Is it something like colored phenolic, or is it just common garden-variety plastic?

I have considered something "similar" as a 3D printer project, for board prototyping.  Grid pattern on one side, subtly done "channels" to run bus-wires through on the back. 

I'll inquire about the composition and get back to you.  I will tell you this though, I've seen some really low-quality 3D printed crap in my day... AND THIS AIN'T THAT!

His attention to detail is amazing and the quality is so good really I'm blown away.  Whatever projects people build, they'll be suitable for displaying with pride afterwards.  It's obvious looking at and holding the parts he's experienced to the level of expert when it comes to design & implementation.

No, I mean PLA will soften to "stretchy" from exposure to hot tap water. :)

Hmm... Now I wonder about lining the back with a sheet of silicone impregnated parchment paper... Poke the components through, like a light-bright, THEN solder... Hmm...

Maybe a sheet of silicone rubber matting?

5 hours ago, wierd_w said:

TI controlled LED lite-brite

(made with tricolor LEDs)

That's an interesting suggestion, unfortunately not one I personally have a use for.  Now Greg, he might as he does exhibitions and sets up multiple TI systems.  The control logic and method of controlling it would be fun to follow though.

• 5 months later...