Rev

Amico physical media

16 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

the game is not stored in the RFID dongle, so the license comes in physical media, but the game does not.

That is correct.  But there are other considerations as well that make what were doing much closer to traditional physical games than some download code.

:)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Yarzzz said:

To me (and for what ive read a lot of people too) physical media in video games implies being able to play the game that you purchased , stored on a physical object anytime you want without the need of loging to the Internet (yeah even with  updates and drm related) or a separate download . 

You do not need to be logged into the internet to play the game. 

Your game is yours no matter what happens to the companies or services that created it.

Such is the case for Amico as well.

Buying a license for a game stored on an item its not buying a physical game. Its a game related souvenir or collectable. Specially if the same game os also avilable on digital storefronts.

I think once we have revealed what we're doing and how we're doing it... you may change your mind.

Buf i guess the Amico fans are ok with another half promise

Interested to hear your thoughts and theories on "half promises" that you feel I have said in the past.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, eebuckeye said:

Ugh.. do not like this.  As others have stated I want to be able to play the game years from now with the game itself on physical media.. disappointed.  

If you can play the game "years" from now no matter what... I'm interesting in understanding what you feel the difference would be.

Curious to know.  Not trying to be a smart ass.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Glorified download key. Useless if the servers ever go down. When people thing video game physical media they think does it have the game on it. Not a download key.

You are incorrect in your assessment.  

16 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

You are basically spending an extra $10 or so to get a "toy" to go with your digital download.

Not entirely correct.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BBWW said:

It the console becomes worthless because you can't play the games without Intellivision Servers gatekeeping them, that sucks. 

That is incorrect.

Looking forward to sharing more information with everyone in the future.

• Like 4

Once it’s revealed It will all be cleared up. Until then it is speculation to everyone in the public. 

Is there a timeline that the media will be revealed? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

Once it’s revealed It will all be cleared up. Until then it is speculation to everyone in the public. 

Is there a timeline that the media will be revealed? 

No.  Not currently. 

We are working with huge YouTubers (10M = 15M+ subscribers) and will probably reveal and give the exclusive to one of them when the time is right and closer to launch.

• Like 4

Special Announcement!

In the Amico system, each console owner (Users) will be infused with an identity disc.  The primary function of the disc is as a receptacle of a digital entity's entire being (and also as a repository for purchased games). Information on Users' identity discs in the Amico system can be viewed and edited by means of a projection which appears above the disc's hollow center.

To play Amico games, a user gets transported inside a digital virtual reality known as "The Grid", where he interacts with programs in his quest to escape.

;-)  This post is just for funsies!  I have an Amico pre-order, and I'm looking forward to it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

No.  Not currently. 

We are working with huge YouTubers (10M = 15M+ subscribers) and will probably reveal and give the exclusive to one of them when the time is right and closer to launch.

We are all looking forward to this announcement on whatever the form of the media product is.   Thank you for clearing up some things! 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MattelAquarius said:

Special Announcement!

In the Amico system, each console owner (Users) will be infused with an identity disc.  The primary function of the disc is as a receptacle of a digital entity's entire being (and also as a repository for purchased games). Information on Users' identity discs in the Amico system can be viewed and edited by means of a projection which appears above the disc's hollow center.

To play Amico games, a user gets transported inside a digital virtual reality known as "The Grid", where he interacts with programs in his quest to escape.

;-)  This post is just for funsies!  I have an Amico pre-order, and I'm looking forward to it!

Now I want to rewatch the Tron series, thanks!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

There is something about it that has not been revealed and makes it "different" from what people are assuming.

That is partly why the folks in the video were excited.

I'll leave it at that.

How dare you deny me my right to be hysterical.  I even got a fancy new pitchfork and torch.  I need something to direct my internet rage at.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

How dare you deny me my right to be hysterical.  I even got a fancy new pitchfork and torch.  I need something to direct my internet rage at.

Direct it at Cmart!   That always helps me. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MattelAquarius said:

Special Announcement!

Greetings Program!

And thank you for your support!!

🥏

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

You should be directing that rage to the fact that you only have 106 of the 125!!

:D

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

You should be directing that rage to the fact that you only have 106 of the 125!!

:D

Well I am new to this, came into it when prices are skyrocketing, amazing home brews are available and also saving up to pay for my Amico founders edition pre-order. 

But sure, mock me YOU MONSTER!!!!  ;)

Every now and again I look at selling my boxed Bonk III to pay for this stuff but I can't do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

RFID tags inside an INTV cartridge shaped casing maybe?

That's a real cool sounding guess,I like it!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Shawn said:

RFID tags inside an INTV cartridge shaped casing maybe?

Actually, not only is it an Intellivision shaped cart with an RFID in it, it contains a reverse re-imagined version of the game for the classic console.

However, they are not Intellivision II compatible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

That is incorrect.

Looking forward to sharing more information with everyone in the future.

Thank you. I am very happy to hear the games/software will work without internet hook up and doesn't need a server someone else controls to play. Thank you for the clarification! Go Amico!

• Like 3

Use only in case of emergency! Each game will come with a little book, that you can use with the keyboard on your controller or phone, to type in the games' program after the servers are looong gone.  :rolling:

image.png.ebe3bdcca7b5e3d5fb1892675508babd.png

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Direct it toward Rev.  We're arguing about physical media, and in his ROM Vault thread he turned digital media into ghost media 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Direct it toward Rev.  We're arguing about physical media, and in his ROM Vault thread he turned digital media into ghost media 😁

Wait. Who in here is in an argument?

The game vault is being transferred to my website. 

1 hour ago, BBWW said:

Thank you. I am very happy to hear the games/software will work without internet hook up and doesn't need a server someone else controls to play. Thank you for the clarification! Go Amico!

Just to clarify... you do need an internet connection when you first engage the physical media with the hardware... but lots of cool "benefits" because of that.

Sorry to be so cloudy on everything, but hopefully seeing the others reactions to what they heard will at least make some folks get a little excited as well.

:)

• Like 2

Will the physical Amico product be identified showing an internet connection is a requirement to play/download/access the game?

Similar to this empty switch box that is basically an access key in a case. 

6B43E085-89CF-4748-B16E-3554D0D574C9.thumb.jpeg.9441a5fc881bf4a130ad01fd266c2772.jpeg

24643728-1512-4BD3-A458-033558557059.thumb.jpeg.691f6b467f1de7cea8d9019cbbd9280e.jpeg

Edited by Rev

4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

If you can play the game "years" from now no matter what... I'm interesting in understanding what you feel the difference would be.

Principle.  Having a right to something is not the same as being granted access to it by fiat.  History has already proven that those notional guarantees of "it'll always be there," sometimes have a way of falling through.

There are many reasons why an item is removed from an ostensibly "perennial" catalogue, whether its due to legal, government, business, marketing, or any other kind of pressure (including bowing to tweeter storms and misplaced public outcry).

It has happened.  And when it does, no matter the justification, the end result is that people lose access to something that they otherwise would not have, had they had an enforceable right to it, such as private property rights to a physical object or the first sale doctrine.

Not trying to take a stand myself, just answering your honest question with an honest answer.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 3