Amico physical media

One thing that is an undisputable fact:

Something is in that box!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Rev said:

And it is physical! Totally tangible and storable! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Pain, maybe? 🤯

• Like 1

Has anyone else heard that it could be a Collectible Topps Trading Card that holds the product key?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

Has anyone else heard that it could be a Collectible Topps Trading Card that holds the product key?

Dont forget its not only a code, its a code contained on a rfid tag, totally different thing.

1 minute ago, Yarzzz said:

Dont forget its not only a code, its a code contained on a rfid tag, totally different thing.

yes code on rfid card

RFID ID Card, Size: Small, Rs 50 /piece, Global ID Cards ...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Hi, does anyone know if the physical games are still coming on SD cards as Tommy told me in a Youtube comment a while back? I've tried searching but I can't find anything really, thank you!

No SD cards in the box as far as I know.  Physical edition games are still distributed over the internet.  Which youtube video was this comment on?

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

No SD cards in the box as far as I know.  Physical edition games are still distributed over the internet.  Which youtube video was this comment on?

Oh that's a shame. Thanks for the answer though! It was one of the official Youtuber trailers, someone left a comment asking if there was physical media as well as downloadable ones, I echoed the question and Tommy replied with this...

hJGEhB3.png

I thought he also said about the SD cards in a video interview as well but I might be remembering wrong.

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Oh that's a shame. Thanks for the answer though! It was one of the official Youtuber trailers, someone left a comment asking if there was physical media as well as downloadable ones, I echoed the question and Tommy replied with this...

hJGEhB3.png

I thought he also said about the SD cards in a video interview as well but I might be remembering wrong.

It has been said in the "Fun" thread that internet will be required even with the physical products. Digital games unlocked via RFID seems to be the reigning guess. Supposedly they are NFTs too.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

It has been said in the "Fun" thread that internet will be required even with the physical products. Digital games unlocked via RFID seems to be the reigning guess. Supposedly they are NFTs too.

Thanks for the reply! That's disappointing, I was looking forward to little SD cards for games and was hoping there was some pictures or something. Oh well it seems like they haven't revealed them fully, so I'll just have to wait and see.

It would had been handy to see an SD card or USB pen drive included with the physical media, since the Amico supports both interfaces. Even just as a spare/backup in case of server malfunction or network issues trying to download online. I'm not sure what the target file size of most games will be, but I know some with rural Internet and satellite connections where downloading gigabytes of data can easily eat up a good portion of a day or more. I still look forward to seeing the physical media unveiling and how the OS behaves.

If they're okay having the program file on standard media, they can allow people to create their own game backup to a USB drive.  It would be the same thing as shipping a thumb drive.  For those with poor internet service, they can call customer service and have a thumb drive sent to them.  A very small percentage of customers would need this.  That's assuming they're okay having the game stored on standard media.  Typical game sizes are supposedly around 500MB.

Edited by mr_me

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

If they're okay having the program file on standard media, they can allow people to create their own game backup to a USB drive.  It would be the same thing as shipping a thumb drive.  For those with poor internet service, they can call customer service and have a thumb drive sent to them.  A very small percentage of customers would need this.  That's assuming they're okay having the game stored on standard media.  Typical game sizes are supposedly around 500MB.

So Intellivision will be shipping free USB drives with the games on them?

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

No inside info....  But Highly unlikely!

Free with shipping and handling....Maybe.

I live in the woods....  I hardly get phone service.  In the summer, I need to go to a window or outside. In the fall, it works much better.

But I have High Speed Internet.  I am not really rural in that I have a large city 20 miles away.

I could see this being a valuable service.  I am certain every game will have 10,000 requests!  How many early adopters were there?  I could see collectors doing this just to collect them!

I highly doubt Amico games will be on usb drives or sd type cards. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

They can do or not do whatever they want.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

They can do or not do whatever they want.

What kind of politician answer is that!!??   😃😜😜😜

• Haha 3

I saw this on Reddit earlier today.
Whatever you think about pros and cons of Intellivision "physical products" only,
there is a real downside of physical media. :-D The same from flooding, fire, etc..

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, justclaws said:

I saw this on Reddit earlier today.
Whatever you think about pros and cons of Intellivision "physical products" only,
there is a real downside of physical media. :-D The same from flooding, fire, etc..

Ouch.

I keep my Switch cards (some 25+) in a case like that. We also have a stupid puppy. I may need to rethink this position. It already managed to eat Mario Odyssey after one of the kids left it lying around. Well, what it did was attempt one bite, then decide it didn't like the coating on the carts. Unfortunately that bite was enough to pierce the actual inner board.

• Sad 2