IGNORED

CRT Episode (Vectrex + Light Gun Games)

ZeroPage Homebrew

ZeroPage Homebrew Vectrex

& Light Gun Stream

I'm planning on doing an upcoming episode on the Vectrex and I thought why not throw in some 2600/7800/XE homebrew light gun games while I have a camera set up for CRT recording!

The first issue was that I don't have the Atari XG-1 light gun so I checked on prices... whoah boy, not cheap! Some people suggested that I mod a
Sega Light Phaser instead as they can be had for a lot less money and can be modded to work on the Atari. I've also read that they work a lot better too so it's a win-win!

I just bought a Sega Light Phaser before typing this up so it should arrive in plenty of time for when I'm ready to do that show. I'll be using a 1702 C64 monitor for the CRT as they have a really crisp picture and it's also the only CRT I have room for in the house.

The Light Phaser mod looks super simple and I'm looking forward to making this all work! The light gun is schedule to arrive sometime in next month and I'll keep updating this thread as things progress.

- James

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Looking forward to the Vectrex show!

Me too! I'm sure I'll be able to get the capture off the screen looking good.

2 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Best sells a light gun for $60: http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/quickguide.htm

It looks like they sell a converted light gun just like I'm planning to make. After USD to CAD conversion + shipping + import duties I'll be able to do it for about 1/2 the cost of buying it from Best. I'll see how my gun turns out, hopefully it all works, it's only two resistors and a bit of soldering so it shouldn't be too bad.

- James

image.thumb.png.8969041a155de452a71231b75cb08a30.png