IGNORED

8-bit Slicks now ported to #FujiNet!

This is fantastic news! I love this game, but have only been able to play against the computer so far. I'm already a member of the game server, but was originally hoping for a Dragon Cart or PBI device to play. It was my hope that it would be converted for Fujinet. I assume we can download the new version at the 8-bit Slicks site? (I haven't watched the video yet if it says)

I definitely see some lag in the game watching the video, it's especially obvious to me since there is none, and it's perfectly smooth playing off-line. But maybe that can be improved? Or is it dependent on your internet service speed?

Ugg! those awful colors on that Atari! Someone needs a video upgrade!

20210123_130442.thumb.jpg.277ed20bf47ca175d87a4012b0632da0.jpg20210123_130512_HDR.thumb.jpg.00affdbcd3ad0ae88177be85b089205b.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

I thought I'd registered before, but no matter, I'm registered now under the handle A800. I'm on the server, in-game, right now, as a lone player...just testing it out. I guess some of us will have to set up a race meet here soon.

20210123_170639_HDR.thumb.jpg.9009a41239876d7d331662c220c17f02.jpg

Had a bit of fun just playing with Mozz and...I forget, but something happened on my end and my connection timed out, I was probably the cause of the serious lag too...I'll have to work out why I timed out. Good fun though guys, but it's dinner time for me! I was trying to chat on the game but couldn't seem to get it right. Hopefully I'll get my connection working better for next time!

• Like 1

At the moment, the dragon cart is better at this, probably because the game is written around that device initially. Another reason would be the low sio speed as the divisor isn't at the max. The last reason is an oldie but goodie... sheer ping combined with divisor and processing bottleneck. The servers are not stateside (USA) last time I'd tested with the dude so we're not going to be getting the full experience. You'll have to predict your moves and the other drivers moves as your seeing them back in time.

That being said, it'll all be worked out and some fixes will come.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 10:39 PM, _The Doctor__ said:

At the moment, the dragon cart is better at this, probably because the game is written around that device initially. Another reason would be the low sio speed as the divisor isn't at the max. The last reason is an oldie but goodie... sheer ping combined with divisor and processing bottleneck. The servers are not stateside (USA) last time I'd tested with the dude so we're not going to be getting the full experience. You'll have to predict your moves and the other drivers moves as your seeing them back in time.

That being said, it'll all be worked out and some fixes will come.

Thanks for the info, it's still better than having no dragon cart and no way to play at all! Hopefully it will be improved with Fujinet.