IGNORED

The A button

A normal “short” cluck should rotate disk images. You’ll see a quick flash of the blue LED and if you have SAM enabled via the web interface, you’ll hear a voice announce each disk in turn. 

A “long” press will illuminate the blue LED which should stay on to indicate Bluetooth mode.  

2 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

A normal “short” cluck should rotate disk images. You’ll see a quick flash of the blue LED and if you have SAM enabled via the web interface, you’ll hear a voice announce each disk in turn. 

A “long” press will illuminate the blue LED which should stay on to indicate Bluetooth mode.  

Neither of those work for me. :(

I'm not sure if BT is fully functional yet anyway. I thought I read that somewhere in this sub-forum or in one of the videos or guides for Fujinet.

Edited by Gunstar

3 hours ago, mozzwald said:

It's very much functional but you need a patched OS to support SIO2BT.

Where might I find such an OS? Or did you not say because such an OS isn't here yet?

Edited by Gunstar

11 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

Probably in the Atari 8 Bit forum somewhere. Search for SIO2BT. Maybe @TheMontezuma can chime in as he ported it to FujiNet. SIO2BT was around way before FujiNet.

Thanks for the info. I was aware of the SIO2BT since it was announced on AA, but didn't look into it as I was perfectly happy with my 25-year old DIY SIO2RS232 and my PC is always right under the desk my Atari's are on, so I  just no real use for it. There's more pride in using something when you build it yourself, especially when it's lasted so long and been such a huge part of my Atari experience. I've added RS232 cards to my last two PC's that didn't have RS232 any longer just to keep using it instead of upgrading to USB or BT. But since it's an included feature in Fujinet, I might as well use it on my other Atari, then I don't have to share my SIO2PC between both anymore.

Edited by Gunstar

15 hours ago, tschak909 said:

Yes, SIO2BT does indeed work. I have tested it with my U1MB setup, enabling SIO2BT support in the BIOS, and using it from my Android phone (a Samsung Galaxy S6)

-Thom

So, you have to have an U1MB for SIO2BT then? As I have an Incognito, and while it's pretty much the same as U1MB, it does not support plugins, and so even if I have BT enabled on my Incognito 800, there is only default detection for Stereo Pokey and Covox (though even my Pokeymax with Covox uses a different memory address, so it's not detected by Incognito, but it still works with software that supports Covox as long as the option is there to change the memory address)and no way to add a BT plugin and disable or enable BT. Is there another way to activate BT for people without U1MB upgrades? I guess someone else mentioned a patched OS, is this the only other option for non-U!MB users?

Edited by Gunstar

31 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

No, you have to have an U1MB for SIO2BT then?

No, you only need a "bluetooth-enabled" OS. IIRC it needs higher timeouts because BT's latency is too high.

Search for the original SIO2BT thread here on AtariAge and you will find the needed information.

Edited by DjayBee

37 minutes ago, DjayBee said:

No, you only need a "bluetooth-enabled" OS. IIRC it needs higher timeouts because BT's latency is too high.

Search for the original SIO2BT thread here on AtariAge and you will find the needed information.

I started a new thread in this sub-forum asking where I can get the patched OS. I'll go check out the SIO2BT thread, hopefully it's not a huge thread I have to spend a lot of time scouring to find out where to get it...

EDIT: Ok, that wasn't too bad, I only had to go to the second page to find the link to the .zip file containing everything. Thanks for the help @DjayBee!

Edited by Gunstar

This is also the "Swap" atr patch. The idea is that you put (mount) that atr first as D1:  and then boot the Stock Atari 8 bit computer. With only one (or maybe two) sectors read it will patch the OS, and then wait (the screen change color).

So in this point you swap the disk drives and put the ATR  you really wanted to load thru SIO2BT in the D1: and press any key. 

Now the ATR will load with the extra timing required for bluetooth (patched OS). 

The ATRs can be found here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-191R-U_S1blpUTFBsRW1iRUE/edit

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gunstar said:

As I have an Incognito, and while it's pretty much the same as U1MB, it does not support plugins, and so even if I have BT enabled on my Incognito 800, there is only default detection for Stereo Pokey and Covox

Incognito supports SIO2BT in XL/XE mode -> Enable PBI and change SIO Driver settings to SIO2BT.

There are no special plugins required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Gunstar said:

I started a new thread in this sub-forum asking where I can get the patched OS. I'll go check out the SIO2BT thread, hopefully it's not a huge thread I have to spend a lot of time scouring to find out where to get it...

EDIT: Ok, that wasn't too bad, I only had to go to the second page to find the link to the .zip file containing everything. Thanks for the help @DjayBee!

Now that you have a zip file with original ATARI roms, you can use a patcher and customize it to work with SIO2BT:

SIO2BT Patcher release:

https://github.com/TheMontezuma/SIO2BT_OS_Patcher/releases

SIO2BT Patcher Description:

https://github.com/TheMontezuma/SIO2BT_OS_Patcher

As I mentioned in the above post, Incognito firmware from @flashjazzcat supports SIO2BT by means of PBI device, which is available only in XL/XE mode.

If you want to use SIO2BT in 800 mode, the only way is to use a patched OS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheMontezuma said:

Incognito supports SIO2BT in XL/XE mode -> Enable PBI and change SIO Driver settings to SIO2BT.

There are no special plugins required.

I must be missing the setting for SIO2BT then, unless the PClink enabled includes SIO2BT? I see no option for "SIO2BT." Unless this has been implemented within the last 6 months or so and I need to update my Incognito firmware. I'm in XL/XE mode 99.9% of the time unless I want to use software only compatible with OS B. I have 3 profiles setup for different options in XL/XE mode and 1 for 800 mode with Axlon compatibility for when I'm using Syn-series apps that take advantage of Axlon memory.

Thanks for the heads up and links!:thumbsup:

Edited by Gunstar

17 hours ago, Gunstar said:

I must be missing the setting for SIO2BT then, unless the PClink enabled includes SIO2BT? I see no option for "SIO2BT." Unless this has been implemented within the last 6 months or so and I need to update my Incognito firmware.

The SIO2BT setting is older then 6 months. I do not have Atari at hand, but I quickly searched the internet for any picture showing SIO Driver settings.

It can have following values: disabled / HSIO / SIO2BT / HSIO+SIO2BT

siodriver.thumb.jpg.64222c4f07b360779e071f306374a1c8.jpg

• Thanks 1