IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 14 - Game 1 - Beamrider

Quick Beamrider Update: (Updated to post #86)

172,750 - cmadruga [+3 broke old record and set new record][+2 beamriders club]

137,932 - bamse [+2 broke old record][+2 beamriders club]

52,712 - intellivision spartan [+1 beaming up]

49,992 - biffman [+1 beaming up]

49,442 - jblenkle [+1 beaming up]

43,958 - wolfy62 [+1 beaming up]

36,770 - rickster8 [+1 beaming up]

30,566 - player one [+1 beaming up]

30,460 - intelligentlemen [+1 beaming up]

28,356 - intyfanmatt

28,122 - jasonlikesintv

26,000 - sneakyturtleegg

12,442 - fakecortex

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

Do you have a main system?

I am using an Analogue NT Mini Noir - a FPGA system with the Intellivision core. I have it hooked up via component video to my late model CRT. I can get most games to work on the system, but I need to get a SNES or NES data pad controller with the number key pad. I think that is the only way I can have full functionality of the Intv library. Right now I am using a standard Nintendo SNES pad.

• Like 2

Beamrider-17,840

I'll prolly try again, kinda put this one off but did a little better than I expected(stop laughing...), if I can hit more of the Mothership thingies I can go a little higher.

*Edit*Improved to 18,464(and only sector 9, my scoring was up a tad), I'll post a pic later if I don't improve-I hope to, kinda...had fun last game, somehow. Had fun *stinking*, to be sure, but fun.

INTHSCBeamrider17840.png

Edited by Rogerpoco
  • Like 3

On 1/26/2021 at 10:16 PM, Intelligentleman said:

Anyone care to offer up some pro-tips?

Obviously, you have it covered way better than I do so far, lol, nice work, so is...funny for me to respond to this.

Love the games, always have, but have almost..."rigorously trained" for high scoring the last 5 years or so, ha, have great mentors, have really learned to break down games, "include the important", "exclude the fluff", etc, etc.

Something I've always said, defending "copycat" pixel perfect stuff on say, 2600, knowing how to do something, and being able to do it, aren't the same thing.

Well, as is often the case, in my case, 'specially if I got to shoot at stuff, I often know the "how", more than I am "able". :P

BUT-since I am not an amazingly awesome superstar like some of my Friends, haha, I'm sometimes able to translate stuff from the top dogs to us regular dudes, they sometimes forget that we don't "automatically know" anything.

Protect the middle beam best you can-you have to move off of it all the time, obviously, but try to make it a "home base".

Play the game a few times, it slows down in your mind a bit-stop moving around like a madman. Sometimes you have to do it quickly, but for the most part you really only want to move one beam at a time.

Learn what the enemies do-they are quite predictable, after you get the hang of what they will probably do, you are more comfortable "slowing down" a bit.

Don't shoot the yellow dudes, pick them up-seems obvious, but one of the best INT players I know, ever didn't know either, until I mentioned it(Haha, well, "he had just figured it out..." :D). Watch out, sometimes you can't pick them up, the game puts you in bad positions to do so.

The Mothership thingie-

Well, if someone could explain that one to me, I could get 40K/Sector 14 and the damned patch score, so I really can't help out much there.

Haha, no I've still only played it mebbe 5 or 6 times ever, but it does "slow down" quite a bit after just a couple go arounds.

• Like 1