IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 14 - Game 1 - Beamrider

5 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Protect the middle beam best you can-you have to move off of it all the time, obviously, but try to make it a "home base".

Play the game a few times, it slows down in your mind a bit-stop moving around like a madman. Sometimes you have to do it quickly, but for the most part you really only want to move one beam at a time.

I agree with your point of using limited, controlled moves. 

I'm not so sure about the concept of "home base". Yes, staying close to the center allows for more movement than if you stayed at the extremities, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Also, do not be afraid to use torpedoes to survive and clear a path if your laterals become temporarily blocked. Recognizing when to use them is perhaps the most challenging aspect of the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gbag said:

I've been in the ATARI 2600 HSC...is it too late for me to join the INTV HSC for this season???

HOLY S^$% it's GBAG!!!

Top Dog, Man!!!

Haha, you got another week on Beamrider, I think, and it's the first week!

Get you some, Man, haha earn that Beamrider patch me and Tom are giving away!!!

(Nice to see you, Man!)

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

I agree with your point of using limited, controlled moves. 

I'm not so sure about the concept of "home base". Yes, staying close to the center allows for more movement than if you stayed at the extremities, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Also, do not be afraid to use torpedoes to survive and clear a path if your laterals become temporarily blocked. Recognizing when to use them is perhaps the most challenging aspect of the game.

Mmm, OK-I suck so bad at the Mothership, all I think about is saving the torpedoes for it, I hadn't really thought to use them strategically thru the levels, it REALLY makes me mad when there *seems* to be no escape route, but I guess that's it!

Flow, definitely, just seemed like gravitating towards the middle gives the most options for "outs".

And you ain't helping on advice to hit the Mothership, are, ya, lol!

"Aim Better!!!"

:)

I know I am aware of you from here at AA previous to this, but tbh am scratching my head, can't remember.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rogerpoco said:

And you ain't helping on advice to hit the Mothership, are, ya, lol!

"Aim Better!!!"

:)

I know I am aware of you from here at AA previous to this, but tbh am scratching my head, can't remember.

I don’t know that there is a way to always hit the mothership... What helps sometimes is to stand still until the green blockers lock on you, then side step them quickly and send a torpedo.

Most of the time I’m at the programming section of the forum, maybe you saw me there. This is just my second HSC season.

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Howdy to all my Intellivision Friends out there!!! I’ll join in so long as I have enough time for a decent score here and there! Enjoy the season everyone !!!

D6C49A2E-A8AD-465D-AB91-C8480DCB7C92.jpeg

AWESOME!  Glad you joined in Al!!  Was wondering if you would LOL.  It’s a long season but hope you can hang with us.

And that’s a great start with Beamrider!!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Howdy to all my Intellivision Friends out there!!! I’ll join in so long as I have enough time for a decent score here and there! Enjoy the season everyone !!!

Man-I personally know how quickly you went from "I don't think I'll ever play that game", to moderately enjoying it, that is a FANTASTIC score, you're as dangerous on this game as any other!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Great score, and glad you came over to visit from the Amico forum!

Welcome!! ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Welcome Al. Glad to have you aboard! Great score!!! The High Score Club hereby grants you your honorary Activision Patch! 

Madrica, Bamse and Al ... I don’t know how you guys are doing it :). Just outstanding !!!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Great score, and glad you came over to visit from the Amico forum!

Welcome!! ?

Hi Wolfie.... thank you but unfortunately that’s another Intellivision master. 

He’s “Intellivision Master” and I’m IntellivisionMaster. 

ive had my nickname for almost a decade at YouTube, Twitch and Twin Galaxies, and he registered here at AA with the same nickname. I’m sure by coincidence. 

I think I should change my nickname here at AA to avoid confusion. 

Im Al. Nice to meet you. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

HOLY S^$% it's GBAG!!!

Top Dog, Man!!!

Haha, you got another week on Beamrider, I think, and it's the first week!

Get you some, Man, haha earn that Beamrider patch me and Tom are giving away!!!

(Nice to see you, Man!)

Thanks for the warm welcome Roger...I don’t have nearly as many into games as 2600’games so I need to find myself an emulator and Roms.  

• Like 4