IGNORED

TCPSER doesn't work with Commodore PET?

bluejay

I tried testing my user port RS232 adapter, and it does indeed work well; it transfers and receives data just fine, to and from my laptop, both using terminal programs. However, when I tried TCPSER, it simply doesn't work. The RX line on my USB-TTL adapter blinks when I type on the PET, but when I send commands like ATE or ATDT TCPSER simply doesn't respond(TX line doesn't blink).

Has anyone had issues using TCPSER with their PET?

Hmmm, there's not a lot of information here, but I can assure you TCPSER works with PETs.  ?

If the terminal program on the PC works, then at most it's a configuration issue.  Try providing the command line you're using here, and turn on debugging and tracing : -l7 -tsSiI and post some of the output here.  TCPSER has to play with the RS232 lines to create a DCD line for the PET, and thus you might need a modified null modem cable (as noted in the github repo README), or you might need to tie DCD high all the time...

Jim

Tried it, didn't work. I'm only using the TX and RX lines coming from the PET, so only those are the ones connected to the PC too. Maybe I'll try the program with an actual USB to RS232 adapter instead of a USB to TTL one.

Update: Trying the RS232 adapter didn't work at all.

Edited by bluejay