IGNORED

RAPTOR API - 2.0.20

CyranoJ

RAPTOR API 2.0.20

This release contains several new features and some maintenance (bug fixes) - changelog as below:

;; 25/01/2021
;;		Added raptor_collisionlist
;; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; 28/01/2021
;;		Added RAPTOR_random - returns D0 as 24 bit RND
;;		Modified RAPTOR_wait_frame to keep RAPTOR_random updating during wait time
;;		Modified the system VB interrupt to call RAPTOR_random as well
;; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; 26/02/2021
;;		Modified RAPTOR_U235init to clear DSP RAM before upload
;;		Ensures ring buffers and soundbanks are reset if DSP module is reloaded
;;		Enabled scaled flag to be dynamically toggled
;; 27/02/2021
;;		Added 'build_with_debug' flag so that a RAPTOR.O without the debugger can be created (Saves 26k)
;; 07/03/2021
;;		Added: RAPTOR_GPU_COLLISION_USERTABLE - same as RAPTOR_GPU_COLLISION except:
;;		Store pointer to datatable (long aligned) in raptor_col_user
;; 27/03/2021
;;		Added: RAPTOR_obj_shift
;; 31/03/2021
;;		Added: Clock functions:
;;			RAPTOR_setclock						d0=seconds
;;			RAPTOR_addclock						d0=seconds
;;			RAPTOR_subclock						d0=seconds
;;		Exposed:
;;			raptor_clock_hex		  			raw value
;;			raptor_clock_val  					digit ascii, 0 terminated. 
;;			raptor_clock_jiffies				subsecond counter (not adjusted for PAL/NTSC)
;;			raptor_clock_mode					raptor_clk_freeze, raptor_clk_cdown, raptor_clk_cup
;;		Added: RAPTOR_ShrinklerDecompress		a0/a1
;;		Added: RAPTOR_PackFireDecompress		a0/a1 + a2=buffer of 15980 bytes
;;		Added: RAPTOR_PackFire_TinyDecompress	a0/a1
;; 01/04/2021
;;		Fixed bug in calc_angle where polar directions were not correct
;;		Added Object sorting by field
;; 05/04/2021
;;		(Removed 11/04/2021) Updated ObjectSorting
;;		(Removed 11/04/2021) Enable by setting raptor_enable_objsort +ve, disable with -ve
;;		(Removed 11/04/2021) Added raptor_objsort_direction: +ve = lowest first, -ve = highest first
;; 10/04/2021
;;		Fixed bug depacking NRV2B compressed files that straddle the $BFFFFF->$C00001 address range
;;		Page stall caused corrupt input stream data
;; 11/04/2021
;;		Finalized RAPTOR_objsort
;;		Now a call that must be manually made, can handle inactive objects, and can now be called multiple times for different
;;		blocks of objects.
;; 22/04/2021
;;		Added ZeroSquare's 2048 byte EEPROM code to the API
;; 27/05/2021
;;		Fixed Y=-height clipping bug where object would be placed 1 line too low
;; 30/05/2021
;;		Fixed incorrectly named functions in r_eeprom.s
;; 02/06/2021
;;		Speedup to RAPTOR_print:
;;			Re-organised font data at init so glyphs are contiguous (R_INIT.S)
;;			Allows MOVEM.L to load the bitmap data (R_PARTI.S)
;;			NOTE: FONT BMP FILE HEIGHTS MUST NOW BE EXACT MULTIPLES OF 8 for 8x8 FONTS
;;			NOTE: FONT BMP FILE HEIGHTS MUST NOW BE EXACT MULTIPLES OF 16 for 8x16 and 16x16 FONTS
;; 09/07/2021
;;		Fixed not a bug (expected vs intended) in collider where it was explicitally checking for -1 in sprite_active instead of negative
;; 25/08/2021
;;		Added new field sprite_indexnumber to contain index number of object
;;		sprite_tabwidth is now (finally!) shiftable as is 192 bytes
;;		Collider will skip if source and target are the same object
;; 28/08/2021
;;		Added RAPTOR_init_calc_angle to generate the angle table for the calc_angle function

https://raptor.reboot-games.com  <<< DOWNLOAD HERE!

RAPTOR API 2.0.11

It has been over 2 years since the last release of the API.  In that time various updates have been pushed into the API in order to improve the rB+ experience but these have not been implemented into the API release - until now. 

This release bundles all the previous updates along with some new functionality into a new baseline build.

So, what are the major changes?

• a new website and domain at: https://raptor.reboot-games.com  <<< DOWNLOAD HERE!

• new HTML documentation has been created.
  • the U-235 library is now 100% external to RAPTOR. A wrapper object file is included to preserve backwards compatibility. Support is for the new builds from 0.24 and above.
  • the MemoryTrack functions are now 100% external to RAPTOR. Again, a wrapper object file is included to preserve backwards compatibility.
    • additionally, 512 bytes of user data tagged with the MemoryTrack save routines.
  • inactive objects are dynamically culled from the list - they're not just ignored by the engine as previously, they are no longer visible to the Object Processor.
  • dynamic object redefinition. Objects in the list can now be redefined completely at run time - including GWIDTH.
  • BLiTTER use! RAPTOR internal BLiTTER use can be disabled or set to automatic. There is also a new powerful new BLiTTER function for running batches of commands on the BLiTTER via the GPU.
  • an on-screen debugging console is now available during code execution.
  • the GPU collision calls now return a table of objects that collided - no need to search through the object data to see what was hit anymore.
  • highscores - RAPTOR now supports 5 unique highscore tables.
  • several internal variables/pointers are now exposed allowing access so some internal operational data.
  • examples have all been updated to reflect API changes.
  • updated logo files.
  • bugfixes - several bugfixes in the library.
  • probably more!

With all that said, go grab the API and start making games!

Push all the buttons!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

nice release, thanks

i will take a closer look at, maybe this time i manage to start coding a little.

little question..

the rmotion.exe is for animation
is there a little more information about it? i found not much details at included documentation and here at Atariage

best regards

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Otto1980 said:

nice release, thanks

i will take a closer look at, maybe this time i manage to start coding a little.

little question..

the rmotion.exe is for animation
is there a little more information about it? i found not much details at included documentation and here at Atariage

best regards

Well, I will make a longer answer later (on my phone, boring), but you can start by looking at Raptor examples (2 of them use rmotion).

ok i found it, and took a look at it.
seems quiet usefull..

But it you have some additional docs, feel free to share ;-)

22 hours ago, matmook said:

Well, I will make a longer answer later (on my phone, boring), but you can start by looking at Raptor examples (2 of them use rmotion).

Ok thanks, found it, took a look at

seems easy

if you still have some rmotion docs, feel free to share :-Da

14 hours ago, Otto1980 said:

ok i found it, and took a look at it.
seems quiet usefull..

But it you have some additional docs, feel free to share ;-)

Ok thanks, found it, took a look at

seems easy

if you still have some rmotion docs, feel free to share :-Da

Well, I was (am) too lazy to write a documentation (and nobody asked by that time :D ).

Raptor's animation system is fast and efficient but if you need to use more complex animations (non-linear), rmotion may help you (ask me, it's always better with a use case).

• 7 months later...