IGNORED

Atari 8-bit Cartridge Repos out on eBay

Atari8bitCarts

Someone is making carts via a 3d printer, and selling them on eBay. With marking them as repo's in the auction title, but not on the labels. So in a few years these will be passed off as new variants, guaranteed it will happen.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/xrbrevin/m.html?item=164665899785&ul_noapp=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

22 hours ago, Atari8bitCarts said:

Someone is making carts via a 3d printer, and selling them on eBay. With marking them as repo's in the auction title, but not on the labels. So in a few years these will be passed off as new variants, guaranteed it will happen.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/xrbrevin/m.html?item=164665899785&ul_noapp=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

There is zero chance any of those could ever be sold as legit cartridges. Your proclamation guaranteeing them being resold as variants is unfounded. Only an absolute fool would buy these thinking they are anything but 3d printed reproductions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

There is zero chance any of those could ever be sold as legit cartridges. Your proclamation guaranteeing them being resold as variants is unfounded. Only an absolute fool would buy these thinking they are anything but 3d printed reproductions.

unfounded. I've been dealing in carts for over 20 years and I've seen worse passed off as original. It might not be tomorrow, or even 10 years, but some poor sap will be told, as the cartridge changed hands 20 times, that it was a prototype or advanced copy :) Then those still left to remember that it was funny as hell will be the only ones that try to convince them they aren't real.

Not to mention as tech and skills improve, better ones are released into the wild.

• Confused 1

Somebody who would think these were original....well they don't deserve to get took, but I mean...come on. I have a bridge to sell them too. I saw these on ebay.....weird labels, obvious 3d printing, they are clearly not original.

If someone buys the story that a guy with a time traveling Delorean and a 3d printer went back in time to the 80s and made all the protos and advanced copies for these companies....well...they're just bad at this. Even an insta-collector with dollars to burn usually learns SOMETHING about what he is buying. Like, what they LOOK like.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 8:15 AM, Atari8bitCarts said:

unfounded. I've been dealing in carts for over 20 years and I've seen worse passed off as original. It might not be tomorrow, or even 10 years, but some poor sap will be told, as the cartridge changed hands 20 times, that it was a prototype or advanced copy :) Then those still left to remember that it was funny as hell will be the only ones that try to convince them they aren't real.

Not to mention as tech and skills improve, better ones are released into the wild.

I got some swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell you.