IGNORED

Pokeymax version 3 preorder

foft

Pokeymax v3 is now available for pre-order.

Features:

• Quad Pokey
  • Dual SID
  • Dual PSG
  • Four channel Covox, with Paula style DMA
  • GTIA audio digital pass though
  • SIO audio mixing
  • PBI audio mixing
  • May be updated/configured via software on Atari
  • Larger 10M16 FPGA, leaving adequate resources for future enhancements
  • Spare 5V safe IO for future enhancements

For the pre-orders Retronics are offering a special promotional price of 99USD.

Note that version 2 will remain available for the simpler mono/stereo Pokey/Covox options.

---

Ordering info from @Duddie

Hello all, if you are interested in PokeyMAX v3 with M16 chip, please PM me, or send e-mail to orders@retronics.eu . I need to know how many of you are interested, because production is very expensive and requires some investments on my side. Price in pre-order is $99 plus shipping, payable when I collect at least 20 orders. For now, I put interested people on the list. When chip is ready, price will be a bit higher.

Also, I decided to stop production of versions with M02 chip - none of the versions using it may be flashed via Atari. Therefore, I will be still offering PokeyMAX v2b, with M04 chip. Versions available: Mono, Stereo, Stereo plus Covox, Quad, Quad plus Covox. Price for Mono and both Stereo versions will be slightly higher (a few USD), but at the same time Quad versions will become a bit cheaper.

---

Additional features confirmed:

• SPDIF digital output (TTL level, excludes SIO in/PBI in) 
  • PS2 keyboard input
Edited by foft
Updating with ordering info and features
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, foft said:

Usual atariage style, post here

Ok, a list. 

tenor.gif

I saw "Just ordered 1" and was wondering where.

Who starts the list?  Do you have a list already, that isn't posted?  Does the list entry match the serial number?  J/K

Maybe shoot me a PM, when they are for sale.  Sounds awesome. ?

10 hours ago, Mathy said:

Will there be versions with AMY (instead of SID and PSG)?

AMY would be cool. I am tempted to try later this year. I think there is enough space on this FPGA, though hard to be sure. Though really its not useful without someone putting their hand up to work on the software side. We need at least a test, a demo and a basic way to create tunes for it.

Regarding versions: The many versions for the v2 were driven by stretching a design made for stereo to achieve quad, covox and more. The design for v3 is from the start intended to fulfil the requirement, so will be offered as a single version.

Edited by foft
Added note on versions
  • Like 2

I'll be pre-ordering 1 soon! Waiting on funds coming in tomorrow. Is the Covox address range the same as version 2, which is different from other Covox designs?

Edited by Gunstar

5 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

I'll be pre-ordering 1 soon! Waiting on funds coming in tomorrow. Is the Covox address range the same as version 2, which is different from other Covox designs?

As it stands covox is at D280.

There is some spare IO with which I'm considering implementing the following:

i) D600 covox (from 74138)

ii) SPDIF out

iii) PS2 keyboard (2 pins)

The latter two will probably require a few resistors in addition the connector fitting.

That said the pre-order is on the basis of the existing features.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, foft said:

As it stands covox is at D280.

ii) SPDIF out

The latter two will probably require a few resistors in addition the connector fitting.

That said the pre-order is on the basis of the existing features.

That's OK, I like my current Pokeymax Quad + Covox, I was actually hoping for both addresses, to choose D280 or D600 in software that supports Covox and 1 or both addresses, I don't suppose that would be possible in the future implementation?

Edited by Gunstar

9 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

That's OK, I like my current Pokeymax Quad + Covox, I was actually hoping for both addresses, to choose D280 or D600 in software that supports Covox and 1 or both addresses, I don't suppose that would be possible in the future implementation?

Yes that should be possible.

• Thanks 1

Hello all, if you are interested in PokeyMAX v3 with M16 chip, please PM me, or send e-mail to orders@retronics.eu . I need to know how many of you are interested, because production is very expensive and requires some investments on my side. Price in pre-order is $99 plus shipping, payable when I collect at least 20 orders. For now, I put interested people on the list. When chip is ready, price will be a bit higher.

Also, I decided to stop production of versions with M02 chip - none of the versions using it may be flashed via Atari. Therefore, I will be still offering PokeyMAX v2b, with M04 chip. Versions available: Mono, Stereo, Stereo plus Covox, Quad, Quad plus Covox. Price for Mono and both Stereo versions will be slightly higher (a few USD), but at the same time Quad versions will become a bit cheaper.

• Like 1

Guys, please PM me providing your e-mail, if you want to be on the pre-order list. Chip will be available in a month, and its price will depend on interest.

Regarding UK - for now, nobody knows how to calculate taxes and duties. Therefore I can sell via eBay to UK for now (the same for Norway). When my bookkeeper clarifies that, I may post to UK too.

On 1/26/2021 at 5:30 PM, foft said:

ii) SPDIF out

I have tested these features and wanted to confirm that I plan to provide them:

• SPDIF is TTL out, so needs 2 resistors to convert to 0.5v pk-pk (depending on your DAC) or you can wire up a TOSLink transmitter if you prefer. NB: SIO/PBI audio in are mixed in analog, so will not be in the digital audio out.
  • PS2 keyboard needs a plug connecting and wiring to two pins + 5v and gnd connecting.
  • D600 covox needs a wire to the 74LS138 pin 9.
Edited by foft
  • Like 1