IGNORED

Pokeymax version 3 preorder

foft

12 hours ago, patjomki said:

That sounds great. ?

I tested this and it works fine to me. I used a 500K pot to test, which allowed adjusting the volume of the 'silent' beeps from nothing to overpowering.

With 10/500 ratio it sounds close enough to the original to my ear.

i.e. wired like this:

pin 3 sio --- 490K ohm --- pokeymax audin1 --- 10k ohm --- gnd

pin 11 sio --- pokeymax audin2

The exact values are not important, but the ratio of ~2% seems good. Also large enough not to disturb sio data transfers.

Of course more improvements would be possible, but this gets the core working well enough. Its also a heck of a lot easier than trying to mod the pokeymax.

One bonus of this setup: You'll get the sio interference on devices without an SIO cable, such as FujiNet!

@DuddieCould you include this in the user manual install process please?

8 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

still best to be on the pokeymax itself as people add and remove the pokeymax or real pokey and using when installing pokeymax in all manner of other devices, pcbs, etc etc.

Nice to have an immediate fix though

I guess since its mostly interference from data in, this could also be added digitally in the core. The digital option would also have the benefit of working on v2.

I did need (want) the analog mixing (or an adc) to mix audio in from tapes though.

Edited by foft

4 hours ago, foft said:

I guess since its mostly interference from data in, this could also be added digitally in the core. The digital option would also have the benefit of working on v2.

I did need (want) the analog mixing (or an adc) to mix audio in from tapes though.

So you mean that you could just do a software update? From my point of view that would be the best solution.?

On 8/31/2021 at 8:59 PM, foft said:

I tested this and it works fine to me. I used a 500K pot to test, which allowed adjusting the volume of the 'silent' beeps from nothing to overpowering.

With 10/500 ratio it sounds close enough to the original to my ear.

i.e. wired like this:

pin 3 sio --- 490K ohm --- pokeymax audin1 --- 10k ohm --- gnd

pin 11 sio --- pokeymax audin2

The exact values are not important, but the ratio of ~2% seems good. Also large enough not to disturb sio data transfers.

Of course more improvements would be possible, but this gets the core working well enough. Its also a heck of a lot easier than trying to mod the pokeymax.

One bonus of this setup: You'll get the sio interference on devices without an SIO cable, such as FujiNet!

@DuddieCould you include this in the user manual install process please?

Just one question regarding this hardware solution. Do you still hear sio tape sounds when installed?

5 hours ago, Santyago said:

Will it be possible in the future to programmatically switch on/off the analog mixed/optional and digital outputs? Eg. allow disable analog outputs and enable only digital? 

I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve. Do you mean using spdif only and disabling the analog outputs for some reason?

• 2 weeks later...