IGNORED

Transfer Disk to ATR with Fujinet

bandit

9 minutes ago, bandit said:

LoL, So I watched a 16 minute video, A simply NO would have been enough.

What are you actually trying to accomplish? Connecting an Atari disk drive directly to your computer? Creating a sector copy of a physical disk to an ATR? It would help if you were more clear with what you want to do. 

17 minutes ago, bandit said:

LoL, So I watched a 16 minute video, A simply NO would have been enough.

Perhaps I misunderstood the question. I thought you wanted to copy a disk to a tnfs server. Create a new blank disk on your tnfs server or sd card, then copy the original to it using dos or a sector copier

16 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

What are you actually trying to accomplish? Connecting an Atari disk drive directly to your computer? Creating a sector copy of a physical disk to an ATR? It would help if you were more clear with what you want to do. 

Yes, DISK DRIVE to Net or SD to use LIKE The SIO2PC Which I have but Laptop I used for it broke.

35 minutes ago, bandit said:

Yes, DISK DRIVE to Net or SD to use LIKE The SIO2PC Which I have but Laptop I used for it broke.

(ok, I really need to stop answering posts soon, am definitely getting frustrated) ;)

...If you copy e.g. to TNFS or to the SD card slot, you ARE indeed making an ATR image that you can pick up, either by grabbing it off the SD card, OR by picking it up in your TNFS folder. I do not understand why this is not clicking with you.

-Thom

1 hour ago, tschak909 said:

(ok, I really need to stop answering posts soon, am definitely getting frustrated) ;)

...If you copy e.g. to TNFS or to the SD card slot, you ARE indeed making an ATR image that you can pick up, either by grabbing it off the SD card, OR by picking it up in your TNFS folder. I do not understand why this is not clicking with you.

-Thom

As there is no manual or guide with a basic 101 for noobs that lays out, in plain English detail of everything about Fujinet, your frustrations would stop if a sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum was created with links to all documents and videos about Fujinet. Maybe a good old FAQ sheet too. I don't understand why this hasn't been done already. It is more difficult that you realize trying to learn all about it with information spread across different sites and videos or us lowly ignorant users continually asking questions that frustrate you . I've never owned a piece of Atari hardware that information on how to use it is spread out in so many places. I've been frustrated just like you, over this fact.

Apparently you've ignored my long explanations previously as to why I haven't understood stuff that you seem is simple and we should just "get" and my previous suggestions for a Sticky thread. Or a more detailed FAQ with exact step-by-step directions and links to documentation and videos that we are just supposed to know exist. Otherwise you will continue to get more "stupid" questions as more people get Fujinet with details about it and links and videos spread around like it was all just thrown in the air and it landed wherever.

Now me personally, I'm finally getting a grasp on most things about it with your and others help and direction here, so you won't be bothered by me over this stuff anymore. And I very much appreciate you're help and suffering your frustrations.:thumbsup:

Edited by Gunstar

3 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

I think yes. @bandit wants to copy a real disk from a real floppy and make in an ATR image on Fujinet. And from watching the video above, it looks to me, if I'm understanding correctly. like he can follow all the steps there, but instead of setting up slot 3 for an ATR image off of a TNSF server, he could set up his physical drive as drive 3, plugged into the SIO port on the Fujinet and copy to drive 2 on Fujinet. Leaving slot 3 empty on Fujinet. And if he wants to make a real floppy disk from an image off of a TNFS server, then the real drive could be set as drive 2 with a real, formatted floppy disk in it, and copy the image from slot 3 to the floppy disk. And of course, besides slot 1 that has the DOS on it to load up, the real drives and slots could be in any drive number order, he just has to tell DOS what drive to copy to and from. Assuming there is only one physical drive to work with, otherwise the D1: could be DOS in a real drive too and copy an ATR from any other Fujinet slot to any other real drive that is set as D2:-D4: as long as the TNFS ATR and physical drive aren't set as the same drive number. Since to the Atari, they are all just real disk drives.

Am I understanding correctly? If I am correct, it is a lot simpler than using SIO2PC with APE/ASPQT/RESPQT to copy disks and images or even using APE's Prosystem and SIOto1050 with real drives since a PC doesn't need to be involved at all.

Edited by Gunstar

2 minutes ago, bandit said:

Correct, a Disk drive working with Fujinet to use like the SIO2PC, was going to buy Fujinet or another old laptop if you can not make ATR from REAL drive to Fuji.

Then, if I am understanding correctly, and I think I am, you can buy Fujinet and not worry about another old laptop or SIO2PC at all, Fujinet sort of Obsoletes them.

That's correct. CONFIG can make a new disk image, whether that is on the local SD card, or on a TNFS server is up to you. You can then sector copy to it. I do this all the time.

e.g.

Drive 1: set to SCOPY810.ATR

Drive 2: empty, real drive configured as D2:

Drive 3: set to a new disk image.

Sector copy from 2 to 3. done.

Notice, at no point was an external laptop running SIO2PC software involved.

-Thom

• Like 2

In post #12 I understood the idea...  However, you may want to "rescue" the ATRs from the hard drive of your old laptop and move all those ATRs to an SD card by using a good working computer. Then you will have all the "goodies" in the fujinet by inserting that SD card in the device (Fujinet).

LOL!!! Well,

I guess I did not make it clear enough.  But I do now have my Answer.

Should have said " Can an Atari 1050 or 810 Be used with Fujinet to Transfer Disks from REAL Hardware to ATR " I know now It can.

Sorry for  all the Unclear Questions...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I must say The fujinet is faster than  SIO2PC. I started Saturday and have done about 70 disks. I had to go to store yesterday to pickup

The Adapter for Micro SD to SD , Not figured out how to send files to my PC yet, The Printing works nice !!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi tschak909 This is what im trying to do now with a my 130 XE and a recently new fujinet (my 2nd fujinet so far) I have updated the firmware and i have a 1050 drive as D2: No matter what i do the fujinet will not let the atari see my 1050 as D2: ?

I have also used my SDX 4.49e cartridge and i still can not use a 1050 drive as its not seen? 

I have pressed reset on the fujinet and nothing? 

Im wanting to copy over a disc from the 1050 to my sd card where i have created a new disk. I have followed your 4 step instruction and it wont work with my 1050 BUT if i turn the fujinet off completely my 1050 drives are working?

Ive even tried altering the settings in the config on the web and rebooting the fujinet and it still wont see my 1050?

Even in SDX my 1050 is not seen as D2: only i can see a DIRECTORY of D1: which is the fujinet or i can do CAR: and see the directory of the SDX cart?