IGNORED

Odynexus, a game you would like to play on your Jaguar?

agradeneu

Hello Jaguar fans!

While we are still working to finish "Odynexus" for the Atari Lynx  (https://krakendev.itch.io/odynexus), we are possibly interested to bring the game to other systems/platforms as well, including modern consoles/PC.....and  the Atari Jaguar!

Based on the artwork of the Lynx game I worked out a concept art that shows how it would look on the Jaguar, with much more colors and higher res. ?

Enhancements would feature layered graphics&parallax and new gameplay features (that did not fit within Lynx limited RAM).

Jaguar_Odynexus_Concept_level2_siren.png.c39a9c01e368f49a7fcf4e6250512472.png

Let's say we are intrigued by this and like to gauge interest. ;-)

Thank you!

Lord Kraken & agradeneu 

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Great initiative,

@agradeneuI would love to see more of your artwork on the Jaguar,

@LordKraken, please feel free to use any parts of my code, if you find it useful?

Also a little tip from my side, from a person who have tried for a while to find a platform for my independent games:

Stay focused on the retro consoles, it's very hard to get trough all the noise on the modern console/PC market.

Unless you have very good contacts with a large publisher who can really get their game trough, otherwise it might not be worth the effort. (besides from your own satisfaction of seeing your game on a modern console, and to maybe get a few buys from your closest friends)

On the Jaguar there is a large gap to fill, since it had such a short commercial lifetime. It seems to have a dedicated community, were all active persons will definitely check your game out, and most likely many of these persons will also buy your game...

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 8

34 minutes ago, Machine said:

Is the Lynx version for sale on a physical cart?

The game is not finished yet, but we're almost done with the content, so now time has come to balance and test the game.

I expect the game to be release this year, but more on that VERY soon!

As for the Jaguar, let's just say that all the work that has been put into this version is... on this page :D 

So yes it's something me and Agra have been talking now and then, and indeed it would probably be a very logical thing to create a sequel on the Jag (with hopefully a better outcome than Checkered Flag ^^).

Nothing's decided yet... but if people here thinks it's a good idea to have a visually stunning with a rather original story, well just shout :)

Edited by LordKraken
  • Like 6

On 1/26/2021 at 5:58 PM, LordKraken said:

it would probably be a very logical thing to create a sequel on the Jag (with hopefully a better outcome than Checkered Flag ^^).

Oh, the Blue Lightning route then :D

Just joking, can't wait to get the Lynx version and it would be great to have a Jaguar sequel (or prequel, something like Iliadexus ?).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Fadest said:

Oh, the Blue Lightning route then :D

Just joking, can't wait to get the Lynx version and it would be great to have a Jaguar sequel (or prequel, something like Iliadexus ?).

Haha, now that you mentioned it, Lynx games on Jaguar usually turned out to be much...... worse. ;-)

Blue Lightning/Checkered Flag on Lynx = Great!

On Jaguar = OMG! What have they done!

Time for a change! ;-)

• Like 4