IGNORED

New Atari ST/E Mega ST/E hard disk interface - Faster and more SD card compatible than SatanDisk

masteries

On 11/14/2021 at 2:04 PM, masteries said:

As far as I know, Falcon does not have an ACSI port.

ACSI is the hard disk interface Atari designed for ST/E, MegaST/E and TT computers.

As well some of these machines (Mega and TT) also have SCSI ports.

Thanks for that. I didn’t even realize the falcon didn’t have that port. It all makes sense now. 

On 11/14/2021 at 2:14 PM, derSammler said:

What would even be the point? You don't need this if you have IDE with a CF card running already.

I was wondering if it would be en easy way to transfer files on an SD card to my internal card in my Flacon. That’s the only thing really. I guess I’ll keep looking for alternative solutions.

18 hours ago, Zeptari1 said:

I was wondering if it would be en easy way to transfer files on an SD card to my internal card in my Flacon. That’s the only thing really. I guess I’ll keep looking for alternative solutions.

Same question again, what's the point? You have a SCSI port which was made for external storage devices. Just get a SCSI2SD drive (or equivalent) and use that to transfer files between a PC/Mac and the Falcon. Unless you cut a hole in the case or leave the case off, using the IDE drive to transfer files is not very practical.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reporting!

However, your nickname is not in the notepad,

Did you acquire an HD from me in another forum?

Sorry we have been talking through email. I had the issue with my first one with no power( I blame USPS they are so rough with packages) the second one worked perfectly.

8 hours ago, Killjoyy27 said:

Sorry we have been talking through email. I had the issue with my first one with no power( I blame USPS they are so rough with packages) the second one worked perfectly.

Oh!  Yes, I know now,

I celebrate the unit works well,

Happy New Year Ernie!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, masteries said:

Due to the continous increase in component costs, the situation forced to increase an additional 1€ to the hard disk unit price;
that is not a fun thing :(

Now the cost is 34€ per unit. Personally I am worried about electronic components cost tendency

Hello,

No worries, this increase is a reality for everyone.

Thank you for giving me by MP the modalities to order the hard disk interface and 3 button gamepad.

??