IGNORED

CoCo 3 Extended BASIC Programs 1-30 on Disk?

ballyalley

I am looking for a disk, or disks, that have the programs from the "Color Computer 3 Extended BASIC" manual.  The book looks like this:

578119413_ColorComputer3ExtendedBasic(Tandy)_Cover.thumb.jpg.39dcc8451832143501db494e9ca01d7f.jpg

These programs are on pages 257-275.  That's just the "Sample" programs.  The manual also has other programs.  I'm referring to this manual:

https://colorcomputerarchive.com/repo/Documents/Manuals/Hardware/Color%20Computer%203%20Extended%20Basic%20(Tandy).pdf#Page=274

In particular, I'm looking to run and record the Computer Art/Video Art programs such as:

"Looping Loop" (Sample Prog. no. 27)

824021642_ColorComputer3ExtendedBasic(Tandy)_Looping_Loops.thumb.jpg.87fedff89a21f33bc915c70475cb859b.jpg

and "The Artists Palette" (Sample Prog. 24).

918535840_ColorComputer3ExtendedBasic(Tandy)_Artists_Palette.thumb.jpg.ac9904ee971d3f7ef0dcc3ab06397d16.jpg

Can anyone point me to a disk image with a collection of the many programs from the manual.  I want to load the BASIC programs onto my real CoCo 3 using my CoCo SCD SD disk drive emulator that I used for the first time yesterday.

Adam

28 minutes ago, MrDave said:

Did you look deep into the archive.. public domain..basic..etc..?

I didn't look around deeply anywhere; I'm much to new to this system to know where to look for a compilation of software.  I briefly looked on CoCo Archive:

https://colorcomputerarchive.com/repo/

I figure that someone has put all of the programs in the CoCo 3 BASIC manual on a disk or two.  I really have only, since yesterday, been looking much into software for the CoCo.  I'm positive that someone knows better than me where to find and track down software.

Adam

59 minutes ago, MrDave said:

From the archive therecare options to dowload a ton if games at once,,so dont do 1 at a time

Thanks for the tip to get more than one title at a time.  And, yet, I prefer not to find games using the Get-'em-all-now method.  I'll only ever play a handful of the possibly many hundreds of games on this system, so I don't want to wade into the muck of software blindly and without reason.  The three games which I chose already were picked on purpose, not because I was familiar with them, but because I chose the May 1984 issue of "Rainbow" magazine because it happened to be the first month where I got my first computer magazine.  I had a C64 and I bought the May 1984 issue "Compute's! Gazette."  I was curious what was going on in the CoCo world at that same time.

For this same reason, I'm looking for specific programs from the BASIC manual.  The CoCo community has been around, in many forms, since 1980 or so.  I'm confident someone has compiled the BASIC programs in one place.  If not, then surely someone can point me to a collection of the Color BASIC programs.  I'd like to start off, not with the best CoCo 3 programs, but ones that a beginner to the system would have had available out-of-the-box when they picked up the computer in 1986.

Adam

2 hours ago, Gamemoose said:

I don't recall but do you have the ability to transfer files from a PC to CoCo? If the book is in a PDF format that allows the selection of text, you could copy the text and paste it into the VCC emulator. Then you can save it and port it over.

Yes, I can copy files to my CoCo via the CoCo SDC, at least I think that I can do that somehow.  I mean, I can put DSK images onto the SDC and then run them on the CoCo.  I guess what you're suggesting is that I paste the text from an OCRed BASIC program into VCC and then save the program to a disk image.  That might work... except, I have experience with trying to OCR BASIC programs.  While it might seem like it should work okay... it really doesn't work as well as one might expect.  There are so many little errors that are introduced into the BASIC program via OCR that are difficult to see.  One good example is the replacement of the number "1" with the lower-case 'l' or the letter "O" with the number "0."  This topic pops up now and again in other forums, especially in the Atari area.

I still believe that these sample programs from the BASIC manual are floating around out there just waiting to be used.  I don't expect that they were probably ever on an official disk or tape from Radio Shack, but I can't be the first person since 1986 who wants to see all, or some, of the programs running without needing to type them into the computer.  I'll check around in other forums and see what I can find.  This topic might make a good discussion for CoCo Talk!

Adam