IGNORED

Plex launches a subscription-based retro game streaming service, ‘Plex Arcade’

1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

Not legally.

Atari Vault on Steam

edit:

The strange thing about the plex arcade system, if I understand it correctly, is that you need two computers for it to work.  A PC to do be the streaming server and another device to play on.  So you aren't even streaming from their servers.

Edited by mr_me

16 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Atari Vault on Steam

edit:

The strange thing about the plex arcade system, if I understand it correctly, is that you need two computers for it to work.  A PC to do be the streaming server and another device to play on.  So you aren't even streaming from their servers.

WHAT? The damn device you are streaming it to is more than capable or playing these games. XD

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Atari Vault on Steam

edit:

Yeah, plex is built around the idea of a home media server.   That's not bad in itself, but it's bizarre to think that 1) someone who could build a home server couldn't manage an emulator and 2) I'd pay them a monthly fee to use my own computer and my own roms.  

• Like 2

Another Nth way to play licenced Atari roms.... :roll:

From what I've read about it, you not only have to get firmware roms for other systems but also emulator cores.  In other words...you're streaming RetroArch from your PC while paying for the privage!

Better off waiting for RetroArch to come to Steam(*) and use SteamLink on the phone.  And those who want to donate to the "Starving IP Holders Fund" can also get Atari Vault as well.

(*) Those who can't can just add a downloaded version to the Steam Library