IGNORED

best place to get a homebrew ROM playable online?

kisrael

Hey there!
I'm working on a small homebrew project and would like to share it with the world as easily as possible - like ideally as its own link in one of the online emulators

I see JoustPong is there at  http://www.virtualatari.org/ - I used their contact form but it was a bit wonky so I want to be open to other ideas as well 

(ideally, one I could host on my own site would be perfect!) 

Suggestions?

Of course I recommend my own emulator, too :P Looking at it, I notice that the last release of the embedded version is from 2019. I am not doing much work on Stellerator at the moment, but have made considerable improvements to video output last year, including GPU-accelerated NTSC simulation. Iirc the embedded version in git already supports the new features, but I haven't documented them yet, that's why I haven't released. I'll see that I release a new build next week.

One difference to Javatari is that Stellerator is a library that does not come with its own UI. The demo page with Flapping is a simple setup that you can copy and paste, but you could add more UI and interaction with the emulator if you like. If you need any assistance, just drop me a note.

Edited by DirtyHairy
  • Like 1

I have finally released an update of Stellerator embedded: https://github.com/6502ts/6502.ts/releases/tag/1.0.3

The main change is video output: it now supports high quality scaling, better phosphor emulation, TV emulation and scanlines .

EDIT: Oh, and I am now loading the ROM via fetch instead of base64 encoding it in the example ?

Edited by DirtyHairy
  • Like 4