IGNORED

Cloudpilot - a web based emulator for PalmOS devices

DirtyHairy

This is not Atari-related, but as I am active on AAge and as there are enthusiasts for old platforms here, I figured I might post here, too: as a side project I have been working on an emulator for PalmOS (OS4 and earlier) devices that runs on the web. The emulator is based on the old open-source POSE emulator, refactored and compiled to run on a web browser. It runs on Chrome, Safari and Firefox, including Android and iOS.

At this point, the emulator is fully working and emulates a Palm V. You can install your own PRC and PDB files into it, and state is saved continuously and restored when the web page reloads. You can also export session images and reload them at a later point. The frontend is very basic and quite ugly, but fully functional. In the future there will a prettier UI that mimics a native app on mobile devices, and I also plan on porting support for more devices from POSE --- at least the m515, and probably also the 3c and a few handspring devices.

If you want to give it a spin, here are the links to the emulator and the source code and documentation. I have not mirrored any ROMs in my repository as the legal situation is not quite clear to me (some ROMs at least used to be distributed with POSE, but on propietary licensing terms), but it is not hard to find them on the web --- for example, this github repo contains the ROM images shipped with POSE.

Oh, if you're running this on iOS, you might want to add the page to the homescreen; there is a new feature in Safari that might otherwise delete persistent data after a period of inactivity (not loading the page).

Have fun, and please forgive the off-topic post!

IMG_0756.thumb.jpeg.a3f5371a1fc881cc6d226db4b5d28c33.jpeg

Edited by DirtyHairy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And now with a proper UI that works as a mobile app when you add it to the Android or iOS homescreen.

F9E192A9-9F51-4EA4-A427-91D15A3D454A_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.eda108b9226178810b8c9f3bbdf73125.jpeg    2AE9CB03-2DAC-44C5-8BAA-7708EC42C94F_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.d1264267e294c9138fcc52b86da3dabb.jpeg 

Also, the emulator has moved to a github organization (in order to get a proper github.io domain). The new URLs are

Edited by DirtyHairy
  • Like 1