IGNORED

SkunkBoard: Collector's Edition (v5) - Ordering Thread [The List!]

cubanismo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/1/2021 at 9:39 PM, cubanismo said:

Sorry, orders are closed, per the post above.

2 hours ago, ulao said:

Hi could I order one for self assembly, and if so what does that save me? I have pro tools and experience, is there any chip programing required?

Two years too late I'm afraid.

Not selling kits. Assembled boards are still available at Songbird last I checked.

I should note though, if you want to build your own, all the design files, including all my modifications, are on github. You just have to get the PCBs fabbed, which any reasonably modern hobbyist fab (Osh Park are great if you're in the US, pcbway, elecrow, JLC, etc. can all handle these design files just fine as well). The legacy parts can be found in the usual places for varying prices. You indeed need a programmer that can program very old Xilinx CPLD devices, which will run you about $50 on Amazon, and you'll have to get the ancient Xilinx software running as well. See the Smelly Adventures thread for all the details. If you don't have the programmer and have to buy all the parts in small quantities, you probably won't actually be saving any money unfortunately.

• Like 2