IGNORED

Searching for Jet Load V1 ROM dump

Jeff_Birt

As a kid I had a generic C64 fast load cart called 'Jet Load' which was an Epyx FastLoad with some sort of hackery done to it. Not a straight copy but rather mildly manipulated. They were sold at Hamfests in the Midwest of the United States.

I found a V2 on eBay and it seems all posted ROM images are of V2. If anyone has Jet Load' V1 or ROM image I would sure be interested. There is a ZIP file floating around from 'rr.c64.org' which has dumps of several fast load ROMs but the Jet Load it has is V2 (confirmed by comparing to the V2 cart I found on eBay.)

The one I had as a kid was a V1 and I would love to get a dump of the ROM to compare the two. I suspect Jet Load V1 is a manipulated Fast Load V1. Jet Load V1 did not work with a lot of disk, many of my original disks have 'No Jet Load' written on them Smile

I have an old homemade fast load cart that I’ve never done anything with. I’ll take a look at it this weekend. What was the jet startup screen look like?  I think you mentioned on fb it had a monitor or something built in how do you ener the monitor?