IGNORED

Cart Clone mod

Gandor

• 1 year later...

LET ME KNOW IF NOT I WOULD APPRECIATE THE IC  CHIP NUMBER THAT WAS ADDED TO THE BOARD TO DO THE HEX CONVERSION OH SEY I MENT TO TELL YOU THE  CHIP IS A HEX CONVERTER AND WITH THE SOFWARE ANY CART GAME THAT RUNS ON THE ATARI  THAT IS 400-800-1200XL CAN BE DUMPT TO A FLOPPY AS A FILE LOADED TO THE ATARI THE DISK DUMPS THE FILE WHER THE CART WOULD AND RUNNINF THE FILE THROUGH THE HEX CONVERTER WILL RUN THE GAME((NICE) HAY!!??? WILL BE WAITING YOUR REPLY  .PS IF NOT I WILL WORK WITH YOU TO TRY AND GET YOOU THE SOFTWARE ONLY IF YOU GET ME THE HEX CHIP NUMBER  DEAL OR NO DEAL  HA HA  DAN C

It might be a mod that holds the RD4 and RD5 lines active when a memory write is occurring.

Software not totally necessary.  A cartridge image copied without cracking the protection could load then you'd want a pause and prompt to activate the switch.

In the modern day a mod like this isn't very relevant - practically all the old non banked cartridges have been cracked and available for download.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/10/2022 at 11:49 PM, dancroteau41@gmail.com said:

OH BYTHE WAY THANKS FOR THE CHIP NUMBER I DO KNOW IT A DEX OR DEC CONVERTER JUST CAN'T GET ANY ONE TO WANT TO HELP( OH WAHT A BUNCH

I cannot say for sure if the IC is 14 or 16 pin type. Any way if it is  a 14 pin, it is most likely be 74LS04 Hex Inverter. Only need to use one gate (e.g pin 1 and 2).

I am planning to make a cart clone for the sake of old days. Sure, it will be practically useless to use, since all 8 and 16 k carts are already hacked.

Did not completely finished drawing it, but I will attach what I have if any one is interested. (hope to make a new topic for it one day)

Edited by Madi

13 hours ago, Tillek said:

Er... well... sometimes they do... depends on the kind of drugs we're talking about....

Yeah, it was my thought as I posted it, but I wanted to use the FBI warning from arcade games text, so just posted :)

Sport in general, same deal, different dealers..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Yeah, it was my thought as I posted it, but I wanted to use the FBI warning from arcade games text, so just posted :)

Sport in general, same deal, different dealers..

Well, it was also just by pure coincidence I happened to have just read an article about the Russian doping scandal.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:19 PM, thanatos said:

i'M NOT SURE WHAT'S HAPPENING IN HERE.

SO WHAT YOU'D SAY IS THAT

THERE'S SOMETHING HAPPENING HERE

WHAT IT IS AIN'T EXACTLY CLEAR

???

MAYBE IT'S TIME TO STOP HEY WHAT'S THAT SOUND

EVERYBODY LOOK WHAT'S GOIN ROUND

???

• Haha 3