IGNORED

Help installing drivers

txray

Long story short I cloned my pc hard drive onto an m.2 for use in the VCS. Only problem is that I need to download a bunch of drivers (wifi, sound, graphics etc). I'm new to the whole pc mod community this is really the first one that I've ever tinkered with.

Anyhow I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction as to which drivers I need exactly, I think wifi is probably most important bc that'll get me online to dl the rest but I'm not totally sure where to look for that. A friend told me that I should look based off the wifi chip. Like I said tho I'm new to all this and learning as I go so help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also on another note my fav VCS games so far are Sir Lovelot and Danger Scavenger. Super pumped ab the VCS, have had it for a couple weeks now and haven't really touched my Switch/Xbone/PS4 since.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, txray said:

Long story short I cloned my pc hard drive onto an m.2 for use in the VCS. Only problem is that I need to download a bunch of drivers (wifi, sound, graphics etc). I'm new to the whole pc mod community this is really the first one that I've ever tinkered with.

Anyhow I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction as to which drivers I need exactly, I think wifi is probably most important bc that'll get me online to dl the rest but I'm not totally sure where to look for that. A friend told me that I should look based off the wifi chip. Like I said tho I'm new to all this and learning as I go so help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also on another note my fav VCS games so far are Sir Lovelot and Danger Scavenger. Super pumped ab the VCS, have had it for a couple weeks now and haven't really touched my Switch/Xbone/PS4 since.

No worry about that,

Win10 will recognise all relevant drivers you need.

All you have to do, is starting the install process, lean back and relax ?....

Cheers,

andY

Edited by andymanone
Typo

15 minutes ago, andymanone said:

No worry about that,

Win10 will recognise all relevant drivers you need.

All you have to do, is starting the install process, lean back and relax ?....

Cheers,

andY

The OS is already installed (and boots) onto the m.2, do I need to initiate another install process? Sorry I'm new to all this. For example I used a DVD drive to put a cd in and windows didn't have any way to play sound I'm pretty sure it looked for a drive but none were found, do I need internet access to find drivers or is that stuff local? I know I'm asking basic questions but I don't really know what I'm doing. 

23 minutes ago, txray said:

The OS is already installed (and boots) onto the m.2, do I need to initiate another install process? Sorry I'm new to all this. For example I used a DVD drive to put a cd in and windows didn't have any way to play sound I'm pretty sure it looked for a drive but none were found, do I need internet access to find drivers or is that stuff local? I know I'm asking basic questions but I don't really know what I'm doing. 

The best way is, to plug in a Ethernet cable (LAN cable) connected to your router.

After than boot Win10 and go to "Find Windows updates" , and let the system install all Updates and drivers ... it will reboot for a few times and everytime you should repeat the search for updates.

After everything is done, it shows you "You´re up to date - no Updates found."

Now it should works fine...

Cheers,

andY

Edited by andymanone
Typo

2 minutes ago, andymanone said:

The best way is, to plug in a Ethernet cable (LAN cable) connected to your router.

After than boot Win10 and go to "Find Microsoft updates" , and let the system install all Updates and drivers ... it will reboot for a few times and everytime repeat the search for updates.

After everything is done, it shows you "You´re up to date - no Updates found."

Now it should works fine...

Cheers,

andY

Unfortunately I live in a place where I cannot get internet access so I must use my phone as a hotspot, it sucks. So yea I think I need to find a wifi driver via my laptop, load it via USB and go from there. I'm just really not sure where to get that wifi driver.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, txray said:

Unfortunately I live in a place where I cannot get internet access so I must use my phone as a hotspot, it sucks. So yea I think I need to find a wifi driver via my laptop, load it via USB and go from there. I'm just really not sure where to get that wifi driver.

Okay, so you have to search for an:  REALTEK RTL8822CE Win10 Driver (WLAN/BT combi module)

Cheers,

andY

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 12:39 PM, andymanone said:

Okay, so you have to search for an:  REALTEK RTL8822CE Win10 Driver (WLAN/BT combi module)

Cheers,

andY

SI installed the 16gb ram upgrade with m.2 sata not nvme using Hasleo, i put the m.2 in a usb and imaged the drive on a pc then put it in the vcs. I had issues, i went and downloaded the amd driver pack and i ended up finding the realtekrtl8822ce on a lenovo site from google, which is funny because the ones on realteks website said, not valid for this operation system. But its easy and doable. i had to use a piece of scotch tape on the wifi antenna to keep them from coming unplugged cause they suck to put back in. but you can kind of slid the top of the case back to get the m.2 in and out. It flies fast as shit with windows. 

Somebody else had a lot of problems with Windows 10 drivers, or a lack of them.
I suggested that they download an up-to-date installer from Microsoft Windows 10 site, which they did, and after that he had no problems.

The problem with that previous user is he had an ISO image which was a couple of years old, and the chip set are 2019/2020 as I recall.
I also had zero problems with networking etc. from a vanilla Windows 10 install.
I subsequently downloaded and installed the updated AMD driverset, but it wasn't because I had any problems; it was just to get the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

REALTEK RTL8822CE drivers are present in Windows 20H2, but not in holder versions for what I have test

Most simple is download a fresh iso 20H2 whith Microsoft Media Creation Tool 20H2 

If you need to install holder windows version, you can use this compatble drivers from Lenovo for REALTEK RTL8822CE Wifi card. 

Realtek RTL8822CE WIFI Driver for Windows 10 64-bit (Version 1909, 2004) Tested well on 1809 (LTSC), 1909, 2004

Note : I don't use the .exe installer, I extract the drivers from .exe file with 7zip.

And after install it from Windows (I don't know for name for "Gestionnaire de Périphériques" in english) See below

image.thumb.png.3dd607275c8d413df2e8684ca44f289e.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I recently used WinToUSB to install Windows 11 onto a USB-hosted M.2 SSD that I then moved to the internal slot on my Atari VCS. It activated without issue.

Windows 11 recognized the Realtek WiFi/Bluetooth without issue automatically, but unfortunately installed generic video drivers without any audio. But, once I downloaded the Auto-Detect and Install Driver Updates for AMD Radeon Series Graphics and Ryzen Chipsets for Windows 11 from the AMD Drivers and Support page, the Atari VCS graphics and audio worked great in Windows 11.

I'm not sure if any other drivers are helpful beyond this, but it seems to be working pretty well overall in Windows.

• 1 year later...