IGNORED

Atarimania News / Updates

• 1 month later...

More INCREDIBLE material dumped by John Hardie!

Applications / Utilities

• CP/A (V1.0) by OSS, Inc.
  • OS/A+ (V2.11) by OSS, Inc.
  • Supercart (Frontrunner Computer Industries)
  • Lizard (please chime in if you know more about this terminal program)

Games

Enjoy!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Lizard is a play of words on Chameleon...

It encompasses Dasher, Glass TTY, VT-52, IBM 3101 / Image terminals. Bauds are 75 thru 9600. 40 columns or 80 column virtual scroll.

It can take in one parity and send out another in relay or echoplex

echoplex is not duplex, you will see provisions for both.

FTP - file transfer. Not todays' ftp.

You may find some literature out there about it, or at least some marketing material ;)

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, www.atarimania.com said:

Did you know that My First Alphabet was translated and officially released in Spain? Here's the program for the first time:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-mi-primer-alfabeto_38003.html

Many thanks to Farb for dumping my original disk / DjayBee for fixing the faulty sectors!

Interesting fact is that the Swifty Software version of My First Alphabet includes a 'Graphics Editor for creating, editing and viewing your own custom drawings' in My First Alphabet.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-my-first-alphabet_22419.html

This program is mentioned in the manual of the Atari Program Exchange version but was not included with that one:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-my-first-alphabet_29828.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, www.atarimania.com said:

It's really too bad the editor appears to be lost... Maybe it was eventually rejected by APX because it would compete with one of Atari's own titles?

If the editor was included with the Swifty Software version of My First Alphabet we have a better chance of finding it. If it was only sold separately, the odds are a lot worse that we will ever find it. P.S. I included the standard Electronic Arts Command Summary Card scan with manual scan for Cut and Paste on Archive.org. 

Is there somewhere we can download the entire AtariMania website, instead of crawl it on your servers? For example, some kind of Dropbox site, etc. to download a huge ZIP in one go?

Events around the world of late have sort of made me wonder if there will be some kind of major cyberattack/damage/outage one of these days. Not really joking. Not underestimating things these days. Did you guys see this QNAP QLOCKER hack attack recently? What a disaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Added a small article found in the Detroit Free Press dated December 1982 presenting a tiny software publisher called Ziza Presents, Inc. led by Rev. Will Sayers: 

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-christian-signs-and-symbols_6321.html

Unfortunately, it appears Rev. Will Sayers died in 2012 so there is probably nothing left of the company apart from the various ads in Compute! or ANALOG Computing.

If you have any material or disk, even in cracked form, please share it. At least five titles were released:

• Like 2

Thanks for posting that article.  Very interesting.  He sounds like he was a very devoted man.  I too would be interested in those programs.   Are there any other religious-themed programs out there?  I recall BellCom, another PD provider, used to sell the Bible in disks.  I would love to find them

38 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

Thanks for posting that article.  Very interesting.  He sounds like he was a very devoted man.  I too would be interested in those programs.   Are there any other religious-themed programs out there?  I recall BellCom, another PD provider, used to sell the Bible in disks.  I would love to find them

Hmmm - I remember showing my grandfather a bible on disk.  He passed away in early 1989 and I this was before he had cancer so it would have been 87 at the latest.  I don't know if it was a download or a PD disk I had ordered.  I can look through my old disks and see if I still have it.  The only thing I remember is the screen was darker blue than the standard, and there was a cursive like font.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Hmmm - I remember showing my grandfather a bible on disk.  He passed away in early 1989 and I this was before he had cancer so it would have been 87 at the latest.  I don't know if it was a download or a PD disk I had ordered.  I can look through my old disks and see if I still have it.  The only thing I remember is the screen was darker blue than the standard, and there was a cursive like font.

That would be great!

Computers as Tutors! was a shareware company that produced Christian titles, does that ring a bell?

On 4/29/2021 at 6:01 PM, atarialoha said:

Did you guys see this QNAP QLOCKER hack attack recently? What a disaster.

Yes, and your concerns are solid.

I don't know what the US gov't is waiting to declare martial-law on these attacks, and advance-warn that any hacker caught during any law-enforcement operative, could be shot on the spot, no questions asked.

In any case, I do agree, it would great to be able to download the entire site, from time to time. If not, full integration with Fujinet, so we never have to leave the A8 user environment.

The problem is that there are still way too many pages / files that need to be updated. Some games date back to when we started the site and they need to be replaced with better versions. There are gradual changes being made but this takes a lot of time. Really, it would be a disservice to the community to release a half-baked effort on a wide scale right now.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Faicuai said:

Yes, and your concerns are solid.

I don't know what the US gov't is waiting to declare martial-law on these attacks, and advance-warn that any hacker caught during any law-enforcement operative, could be shot on the spot, no questions asked.

In any case, I do agree, it would great to be able to download the entire site, from time to time. If not, full integration with Fujinet, so we never have to leave the A8 user environment.

Speaking of CYBERATTACKS... look what happened just DAYS AGO to the pipeline!

I tell ya folks, more is coming, and we are gonna see like BIG TIME problems, like maybe even no Internet for days, weeks... (not "shut down" but super slow, like all the DNS don't work, etc. we have experienced similar in recent years, like the big Gmail outage. Man, that is concerning to even consider. Not to mention RANSOMWARE on ARCHIVE.ORG, or even YouTube, imagine that!