IGNORED

What are you playing on your VCS right now?

AlecRob

Currently i’m playing City Of Heroes Homecoming, and also a bit of Half Life, Doom, and i’m about to test Phantasy Star Online 2, all under Windows 10 (fully loaded VCS with 500GB SSD & 32GB RAM) 

what are you all currently doing on your VCS? This machine is truly a jack of all trades console, so this thread could go on forever, really.  If you get tired of games you could use it as a Point Of Sale system, even. Or perhaps a 90s style telnet bulletin board system :) it is serving as my daily driver PC now with no issues. 

Edited by AlecRob
  • Like 1

I have been playing mostly Frog Hop, and Sigi lately. 
I just bought Spear Master, because I felt like something more lightweight for my Sunday. :-)

Guntech needs much more concentration, and I didn't have that after long work days this week.
I also played some Spectra, and Need for Speed Most Wanted. I had no time for any deep games.

Yesterday I was playing Doom3 via Steam on Windows. Doom also a throw-back to my Jaguar. :-)

Does playing around with building some old Atari Jaguar code, and uploading it to my Skunkboard,
from my VCS, count? Not really, but it was fun using one Atari to upload homebrew to another Atari.

Unexpanded standard VCS, with USB 3.1 connected SSDs for Ubuntu 20.04 and Windows 10 Home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been playing Unsung Warriors Prologue for a bit.  This is very fun and challenging.  I really want to purchase the full version when it comes out.  My 10 yo was having fun with it too.  I played a bit of MK, Pacman and Ninja Golf on Antstream.  The kiddos thought Ninja Golf was a riot!

• Like 1

Danger Scavenger:  I love the Classic Controller on this game!

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit:  Installed and played from external USB DVD drive (worked great)

RealFlight 9.5:   Used with USB RC Controller.  Atari VCS  is perfect for this simulator!

Hamster Ball:  I use a USB trackball with this game...So Much Fun!

Crystal Castles:  USB trackball makes this game play like the arcade.

Centipede/Millipede:  USB trackball also on these games rocks!

Dolphin GameCube emulator:  I like Wave Race Blue Storm the best.  I use a wireless Nintendo Switch controller for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AtariOS has some actually good games atm I am playing: Danger Scavenger, Sigi, Thrustlander, and Vault are probably the games I am playing most frequently. I am working to build up my high score lists in Vault, particularly Centipede and Asteroids, which are the two I'm better at. 

I haven't done much alt OS stuff yet as I have been having a lot of fun with the "default" unit, but I will. I have an SSD and trial version of Win10 on it ready to go whenever. 

It is also nice to FINALLY have a killer paddle controller, so I've been playing a ton more breakout and driving type games in recent weeks than usual. In particular, Super Bug is actually pretty fun, and I've always liked Super Breakout, which is truly excellent on the VCS. 

• Like 1

I played a little Danger Scavenger. Only spent about a half hour with it, but has possibilities.

I am a fan of the Dirt series. I fired up Steam and tried to play Dirt 5 on the lowest setting... it was is a slide show. Sorry, Dirt 5 needs a high end PC.

I dropped down to Dirt 3 - Complete Edition, and it played great on the high setting. Still a pretty game, even though it is nearly 10 years old.

• Like 2