IGNORED

Aquarexperts... does the +12 and -12 only go to RAM?

towmater

They don't look bulged or leaking at all; but if you've replacements, do it, they're 35 years old ?

With -22V you mean the -19V line isn't it?, if so, yes, seems appropiate as you must probably measured it without load, it'll drop a bit when connected.

Edited by jltursan
  • Like 1

The +12 is used solely in the Video circuitry, specifically for the TEA 1002 and Modulator, the -12V for the Serial.

The entire board will run on +5V as long as you don't need the TEA (Using for example my RGB out) - however, the TEA is needed for the NTSC version, as the system clock is derived from there, the PAL version doesn't, as it comes from a seperate 7404 oscillator.

FYI, the 6116 SRAM chips are already 5v only, there is no DRAM (4116's) that uses silly voltages in this system :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 12:23 AM, jltursan said:

Check this: D1041 NPN Transistor

Beware it's TO-3, a "bulky" package transistor. If it's really this transistor, you must identify it easily.

It's a trap! Or a link back to this thread.

There's a 1061 transistor that's on the far opposite side of the board from AC in. The surrounding resistor components match the numbers around the "1041" to be the culprit. I think the schematic's just wrong.

I removed the -19V supply line, and the +6.6V incoming, and bypassed the +16v input, leaving only a +12V wall wart input.

IMG_4718.jpg

Edited by towmater
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 8:24 AM, MackJsy said:

(Using for example my RGB out) - however, the TEA is needed for the NTSC version, as the system clock is derived from there, the PAL version doesn't, as it comes from a seperate 7404 oscillator.

FYI, the 6116 SRAM chips are already 5v only, there is no DRAM (4116's) that uses silly voltages in this system :)

Not certain how to program an atf22v10, so I ordered a Sean Harrington board, which is "just" a composite amp, although it will hopefully get me to the point of verifying that the system works... the only RF tuner capable TV that I have is a 40" CRT that weighs 200lbs and hasn't left my garage floor for twenty years.

21 hours ago, towmater said:

It's a trap! Or a link back to this thread.

There's a 1061 transistor that's on the far opposite side of the board from AC in. The surrounding resistor components match the numbers around the "1041" to be the culprit. I think the schematic's just wrong.

I removed the -19V supply line, and the +6.6V incoming, and bypassed the +16v input, leaving only a +12V wall wart input.

Ooops, missed the right link, sorry!. Here it is: D1041 NPN transistor

So, now, is it working only feeding it with +12V?

On 2/15/2021 at 12:31 AM, jltursan said:

So, now, is it working only feeding it with +12V?

Uhmmmm... I couldn't find a TV with a tuner that wasn't fubar. I tried an old GameGear TV tuner, but it couldn't even sync with known good RF signals, and flatscreens seem to fly right by the Aquarius modulator signal when "auto tuning". I ordered some parts from Mouser to build a composite amp so I will know better how it faired when that arrives. I have an Oscope standing by to troubleshoot if necessary. My main concern is running the 7805 so very hot, so I ordered a buck-convertor from Amazon.