IGNORED

LEECHing

The term is normally used regarding downloading way more than one would upload (in the days of peer to peer).  Maybe the site only allows a certain number of downloads per day?

OK - I tried to download one disk, and got the same error.  We'll have to determine the site owner and contact them.

Hi, the trick to this one is to use the hyperlinks on the landing page. For instance, access the https://page6.org/pd_lib/ link in the post above. Click on pd_lib.php link. Now on the page that appears, scroll down to the CATAGORIES section and choose one of the links there. I chose the Issue Disks link and I was able to successfully download the disk image for the first issue.

The links below the ISSUE DISKS section on the main page do not work. They all lead to the LEECH warning.

The links below each of the other categories lead to pages where you can successfully download the disk images.

The link to download the image is on the left side of the page and is labelled Download.

Hope this helps.

zbyti, that is correct. Only the disks listed under the Issue Disks link (not the category with the pictures of disks) are actual issue disks. The rest are special disks that NAU or Page6 put out during their operation.

I am no expert on this magazine (it was based in the UK, if i remember correctly) and I did not hear of them until the early 2000's while looking for disk images for my emulators.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 7:53 PM, ac.tomo said:

Does anyone know what LEECHing is? I'm trying to download a Page-6/NAU issue disk here: Page 6 [New Atari User] Magazine - XL/XE Library

but keep getting a LEECH error. Any help Please.

Sorry about that, the site is in desperate need of an overhaul (re-write) and recent upgrades to the host servers had meant that some aspects stopped working. However, I think the downloads should work now in most web browsers. If not, let me know!

Thanks, Paul

• Like 1