IGNORED

Galaxian - Secret Messages

Ikrananka

I like to dig around in ColecoVision game binary rom files to see what I can find.  Sometimes there are hidden messages left by the programmer and/or the compiler.  Inspired by the Secret Squirrel section of FREEZE64 magazine, I was digging around in the Galaxian ROM file today and found the following.  I know this has been found before but just thought I'd post the details here:

IN SECTOR 84/SYSTEM CRASH/20451

GRAPHICS AND PROGRAM BY JAMES D. EISENSTEIN08/11/83DEDICATED TO THE ONE I LOVE

I LOVE YOU JENEANE

I wonder if Jeneane ever got to see that message?  Let's hope that Atarisoft never found out that James was hiding messages like this in his code.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zyzzle said:

There are secret messages embedded in the roms of many Collectorvision releases. I always go through ROMs with a hex-editor just for this reason. Often interesting things are there in human-readable text.

Thanks goodness I didn't put a rant in my game for that reason. Another reason is it takes up cartridge space. 

13 hours ago, zyzzle said:

There are secret messages embedded in the roms of many Collectorvision releases. I always go through ROMs with a hex-editor just for this reason. Often interesting things are there in human-readable text.

Yeah, something I often do as well.  It's quite fun what you can find.....would be great to get all of these documented somewhere.