IGNORED

Looking for Artist Collaborator

Mark2008

I'm doing this entirely for fun, and I would like to find an Artist, if someone finds the task appealing and would also find it enjoyable fun task - then send me a private message.

Here is the project. I'm porting "Runway 180" to Atari 800.

That is a type in game for TI-99 4/A from Compute magazine, October 1983.

https://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/issue41/RUNWAY_180_USING_SPRITES_IN_TI_EXTENDED_BASIC.php

It aimed to be a demo of TI Extended Basic sprite capability.

My goal, is to do a port of the game, that does the Atari justice, and write an article on it and submit m own article to ABBUC magazine.

If you collaborate with me, I will give you credit for the artwork - in the article and in game.  That's basically it.  If you enjoy that, send me a PM>

Now, I will get more into the details.  The game is in Antic E.  In order to give the Atari the multi-color text, 32 characters per line, I just write out the characters that average 4 pixels wide (some are 3, some are 5).   The airplane itself is mostly a software sprite, with white/black/red being drawn on the screen, and the grey is a sprite overlay.

The radio tower is currently PMG, as is the white paintstripe.  I'm writing the game almost entirely in assembler, but within the KickC environment.

What the artist would need to do is - design an airplane - 4 colors.  The airplane also needs a frame for 'with landing gear extended' as well as frames for the event of a crash.  Also, if the artist has some idea for a better font, then supply fonts.  If some idea for a better radio tower, a radio tower.  And I think what would absolutely be a visual treat, is the entire display had a visual of an airport runway area, with some type of parallax scrolling.  I think that would be great, but I don't really have anything to copy and I'm no artist....so I didn't even try it, as yet.

The game itself is going to be an exact port of the original, as far as game play.  

That's about it.....no hurry really, but you know I don't plan on taking all year.....Finally a risk when collaborating with me, is that work will take me away and I'll disappear for a few years.  I wouldn't be making this request, if I thought that would happen, it is a risk to keep in mind.

thanks for your consideration.  

First screenshot is of the Atari version so far, my work has included setting up the software sprite (airplane), the PMG radio tower and paint stripe.  Some work on custom fonts for the multi-color text area, which I aim to take style cues from the original.

Screenshot.thumb.png.ab9cada1b51d38fcb1138c6732bf4825.png

Screenshot of TI version (doesn't have a line in the original game - the emulator scales things funny):

robbo.thumb.png.43e2614f0ad0c6069632597810752a2c.png

Screenshot.png

• Like 3